Etsy is looking for Data Science Interns to join their Data Science team in Brooklyn, New York. They are committed to advancing the fields around E-commerce by building technologies to help understand their customers and the world. They are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision.
Their interns have a chance to create core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas in the dynamic world of E-commerce. Interns could publish their innovations at top tier conferences such as KDD, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, WWW, WSDM, SIGIR and etc.
This position is to be based in Brooklyn, New York.
What They Are Working On
- Recommendation and Personalization
- Natural Language Processing and Query Understanding
- Image Processing and Understanding
- Text Understanding
- Ranking for Search and Ads
- Fraud and Abuse Detection
- Large-scale Machine Learning
What They Care About
- Curiosity and modesty. They are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. They hope you also value things like blamelesspostmortems and have a natural aim to determine how everything works.
- Keeping it real. Etsy’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. They care about how their work affects real people in the community and enjoy opportunities to meet them. They are motivated by this mission every single day.
- Please note: Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
- You have strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are familiar with techniques in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields.
- You are currently enrolled in a full-time Ph.D degree program in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, Computational Advertising, Deep Learning and Computer Vision or related fields, and returning to the program after the completion of the internship.
- You have strong technical and programming skills. You are familiar with relevant technologies and languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++ and etc.). You have experience in or dream to learn Hadoop/Spark related Big Data technologies.
- You have proven the capability to review and write technical papers.
- You supply research that can be applied to Etsy product development.
- You have the ability to quickly prototype ideas and can tackle complex problems by adapting creative approaches.
- You are a strong collaborator and communicator and you make the engineers around you grow and learn.
Interested in working with them? Send them a cover letter and your CV or resume explaining why you’d be great for the job. They value your unique talents and point of view, so feel free to tell them what you are all about. And if you write, draw, craft, or contribute to something you’re proud of, they’d love to hear about it.
At Etsy, they believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes them a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. They welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1