Methods is currently looking for a Data Science Lead to join a large consultancy organisation based in London. This would be an immediate start on a negotiable salary.
Their client is looking for an experienced data scientist to join the Innovation, Technology & Transformation (ITT) team in their People Advisory Services (PAS) business. They are investing heavily in their Data & AI capabilities, so the role presents a significant opportunity for further career progression.
This role will focus on applying common data science techniques and emerging machine learning approaches to complex problems involving people-related data within the organisation’s PAS business in the UK. Working with their innovation and AI lead, this role will enable the individual to gain significant practical experience and business knowledge.
The Innovation team has strong links with other advanced technology and innovation teams in both the UK and worldwide, including the Global AI Lab and the Advanced Technology Tax Lab.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills to translate complex models and analysis results into layman terms
- Clearly and confidently articulate the value of data and benefits of data science to business stakeholders
- The ability to work and collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of software developers, data scientists, data engineers and subject-matter professionals from ITT and wider PAS
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Demonstrable experience in a lead data science role
- A degree or PhD in a qualitative subject such as statistics, mathematics, physical sciences, economics
- Experience using common machine learning techniques
- Expertise working with a scripting language (Python and/or R) and preferably SQL
- Advanced understanding of statistics
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Experience of managing large projects, ability to plan and prioritize work, meet deadlines
- Experience of managing other data scientists
- Familiarity with cloud-based data science and machine learning services and APIs (e.g. Microsoft Azure)
- Knowledge of Deep Neural Networks and frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch
The client offer’s a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. The comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with the flexible scheme you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, they offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1