Our Mission 🚀
Bud’s mission is simple. We’re here to create the world’s most compelling financial data products. The products we’re building are used by some of the world’s most prestigious institutions to help millions of their customers take control of their finances.
Your Mission 👨🚀👩🚀
The role of Technical Lead for Data is responsible for managing the technical execution that allows us to achieve that goal. They do this by working closely with our data scientists, data engineers, data analysts and senior stakeholders across the business. You’ll also work alongside our Head of Data to define Bud’s data strategy, as well as taking on line management responsibilities for a small number of data scientists/analysts.Data at BudThe data team is tasked with solving highly analytical problems to enable solutions that tangibly benefit the lives of millions of people. From what data we need to collect to solve problems, to working with that data to glean insights and guide our decision-making, the analyst is a key resource at Bud that is highly valued. Data is key to our business and we need passionate analysts to help research and analyse data to push us forward.What impact you’ll have
- Working with the Head of Data to develop our short & long-term vision and strategy for data science & data engineering within Bud
- Clearing a path to ensure the achievement of that strategy/vision
- Working as the technical leader on our Data Intelligence product team, accountable with the Product Manager for the day-to-day activities of that team.
- Managing data science, analytical & engineering projects from start to finish
- Being a voice for all things data throughout the business
- Providing a conduit of information & context in and out of their product team with the rest of engineering and across the business
- Solve technical problems to make sure the team have the data they need, working to very high standards for data privacy and security
What you’ll have
- Proven experience in Data Science and/or Machine Learning including an understanding of fundamental technologies and processes involved in the research and development of data science models
- Proven experience in Python
- Knowledge of Data Engineering principles and architecture
- Experience defining, consensus building and advocating a data strategy
- An excellent internal communicator, comfortable working with senior stakeholders (inc. C-suite), engineers & tech leads from other disciplines, and data scientists, engineers and analysts alike.
- Comfortable communicating complex ideas with ease and eloquence to non-experts and commercial teams within the business as well as with clients directly in calls or through written answers to questions
- Ability to interpret and reason about data requirements from customers and internal stakeholders and facilitate the collection, processing and usage of that data
It would be a benefit if you had…
- Previous experience working in Financial Services / Fintech, particularly working with consumer or business banking transactional data
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Pytorch
- Experience with or good theoretical understanding of deep learning as well as traditional ML techniques.
- Working knowledge of data pipeline principles and exposure to various tooling such as Apache Spark, Airflow etc.
- Experience with developing strategies or technology for the anonymisation/de-identification of data
- Strong grounding and understanding of Data Ethics and/or Data Security
- In-depth understanding of the application of GDPR and other data protection & privacy regulations & frameworks
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Experience working in a cloud environment such as Google Cloud Platform or AWS
- 💰Competitive salaries. We have benchmarked this role between £120,000 – £140,000
- 💰Pension. We’ll match pension contributions up to 5% through our scheme with Aviva
- 📚Learning & Development Budget. £1000 a year to accelerate your learning.
- 📈Career Progression. We have uniquely built out progression frameworks to help accelerate your growth and quarterly R&D days
- 🧘♂️Mental Health Support. Online therapy and resources through our partners at Spill
- 🏋️♀️Wellbeing Allowance. £50 a month to use towards your wellbeing
- 🏥Private Medical Insurance through Vitality.
- ⏳Flexible Working. We trust our team to get the job done and will support various flexible working arrangements as part of our hybrid approach, which includes our 60-day work abroad allowance.
- 🏖️Time Off. 25 days + Bank Holidays +additional time over the holiday season.
- 🍼Parental Leave. On top of our enhanced parental leave, we also offer 5 days of paid fertility leave and 10 days of paid pregnancy loss leave as we know the journey to parenthood isn’t always straightforward.
- Volunteering Leave. 2 days off a year to spend time on projects and initiatives that matter to you.
We also have numerous other benefits so feel free to ask on a call with our talent team!We believe that diversity will make us better.At Bud, culture is always at the forefront of our minds! We’re looking for bold, authentic and collaborative people who can bring innovation and creativity to our teams in line with our core values. We also value equal opportunities and we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. We have a commitment to building an inclusive and diverse work environment, which means we encourage you to apply for our roles as we’d love to hear from you.Bud remembers that our team are real people with real lives and wants to support them through all life’s ups and downs. We have a range of leave policies in place to support our team members.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1