You’ll be working in the intersection between data, engineering, and their financial crime function, helping them shape the data strategy and lead the specialist team.
As part of this role you’ll:
- Be a key leader in building a discipline of exceptional data scientists working on making Monzo world-class at tackling financial crime
- Establish yourself as a trusted partner to the financial crime and product leadership teams with the capacity for getting things done, be it either hands-on or by leading others
- Bring data leadership and rigor to their financial crime function and build a strategic understanding of the business while structuring complex projects to bring them to life
- Set the data strategy for financial crime data – from working with engineers on ensuring that we capture the right data to building predictive models that help us detect financial crime
- Have the opportunity to manage exceptional Data Scientists and help their career progression and development
- Be able to work on all aspects of financial crime as they operate as one team
You’ll be embedded within their data discipline at Monzo and our mission is to Enable Monzo to Make Better Decisions, Faster
They have a strong culture of data-driven decision making across the whole company. And they’re great believers in powerful, real-time analytics and empowerment of the wider business. All their data lives in one place and is super easy to use. 90% of day-to-day data-driven decisions are covered by self-serve analytics through Looker which gives data scientists the headspace to focus on more impactful business questions and analyses.
They work in cross-functional squads where every data scientist is a member of a central data discipline and fully embedded into product squads alongside engineers, designers, marketers, product managers, etc.
You should apply if
- You have multiple years of experience in data, working as a Lead Analyst or Data Scientist
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as well as taking a step back and thinking strategically and proactively identifying opportunities
- You have experience working together and collaborating with senior business stakeholders and product teams
- You’re familiar with using a variety of Data Science tools (from business intelligence, experimentation, and causal inference through to machine learning), and coding languages (Python and SQL). You know when to pick the right tool, and can help others do the same
- You consider yourself an empathetic leader and have experience managing data scientists and you really enjoy that part of the job
- You are passionate about reducing financial crime with data-driven strategies
Even better if:
- Experience from working with financial crime and regulated institutions
- We can help you relocate to London & they can sponsor visas. Once their offices re-open, this role will be London based.
- They offer flexible working hours and trust you to work enough hours to do your job well, at times that suit you and your team.
- Diversity and inclusion is a priority for them – if we want to solve problems for people around the world, their team has to represent their customers. So they need to attract the best talent and create an environment that supports and includes them. You can read more about diversity and inclusion on their blog.
- If you prefer to work part-time, we’ll make this happen whenever they can – whether this is to help you meet other commitments or strike a great work-life balance.
The application process consists of a 30 min phone call with a recruiter, an initial call with someone from the team, followed by a practical written exercise, and 2-3 video interviews via Hangouts. They promise not to ask you any brain teasers or trick questions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with them. This is integral to their mission of making money work for everyone.
They’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status, or disability status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1