Data Science Lead – Pulse
On a mission to help every small business succeed
They believe small businesses make the world go round. They create jobs, build communities, are the core of their economy, and enrich their culture. But it’s too hard; they are not just expected to be passionate, hardworking entrepreneurs. They are also expected to quickly understand the complexities of their financial data to make crucial business decisions every day.
They are here to do the difficult task of simplifying this problem. They are using data science combined with an amazing user experience to empower every small business make better business decisions.
They are combining the pace and entrepreneurial spirit of a technology start-up with the backing of a 150-year-old institution.
They want to be known for helping every small business succeed. Interested?
Whilst they serve businesses, they’re designing a service with a distinct consumer characteristic. Their team needs to be skilled at identifying opportunities to differentiate their product and deliver unique value in a complex market: homogenisation of their product would be a failure, making it bespoke is impossible. They have to recognise they can’t build everything, and there isn’t a run book to build this.
Pulse is looking for a seasoned Data Science Lead to help them define and create an exciting new category that will change how small businesses operate.
You will be a recognised expert, with a demonstrable track record of having launched data-centric products in a B2B or B2C environment. Reporting to the Head of Pulse, this position is a leadership role within Pulse. You will be responsible for building and leading a talented team of data scientists working alongside peers in engineering, product, design and commercial.
In This Role, You Will
- Grow and develop a team of exceptional data scientists looking to solve multi variable complex challenges.
- Develop and deliver the data strategy and model and continually refine it through experimentation and research.
- Analyse data to drive insights that would produce better customer outcomes and deliver them by creating new rulesets/decision processes.
- Build statistical and machine learning models and apply them to financial data such as banking and accounting to automate the forecasting, optimization, and protection of cashflow.
- Engage and collaborate with cross functional teams such as product development, marketing, legal, commercial etc. to deliver the data strategy.
- Clearly communicate the value of data science and machine learning, plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences and be the data champion for Pulse in HSBC.
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Able to demonstrate deep experience in analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data and cloud technology, API’s and building IP’s.
- Able to design and craft algorithms and solutions using statistics and machine learning, both “from the ground up” and by using best-of-breed platforms and tools.
- Have a passion for building, bringing to market, and scaling digital products and services in start-ups and/or larger companies
- Experience of leading and managing projects involving diverse (technical and non-technical) stakeholders, including at C-level
- Possess industry experience with regression and classification modelling in a prediction/control setting, and strong grasp of the associated concepts.
- Experience with integer optimization, time series modelling, recommender systems, and experiment design are advantageous
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, or other quantitative field is an advantage but not a pre-requisite
The base location for this role is WeWork Waterloo, York Road, London.
Pulse is owned and operated by HSBC UK Bank PLC
As a business operating in markets all around the world, they believe diversity brings benefits for their customers, their business and their people. This is why PULSE is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a health work / life balance and support their diversity ambitions.
When joining PULSE, you will become a valued member of their team, they take the time to get to know you and there will be many tailored development opportunities along the way to support your career to grow as much as you want. They can offer you a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity, shared parental and adoption pay, and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution. But this is only the start, they work closely with their colleagues to understand their life balance needs and they support them with several schemes and initiatives. They can’t wait to tell you about their ways of working, wellbeing agenda and their healthiest human system!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1