At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with them, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Drivers are the lifeblood of the Uber experience. The Driver team owns interactions with drivers from the sign up through their day-to-day experiences with Uber. They help drivers learn to drive on the Uber platform, giving them information about earnings and quality, direct them to earnings opportunities, and provide real-time information to them while on the trip. The Driver DS team analyzes and builds models of driver behavior and uses these to power the Driver app. They interface with the marketplace team to provide real-time signals for matching and pricing.
What You’ll Do
As a manager on the Driver DS team, your role is to provide leadership and guidance to more junior data scientists. You will be responsible for a team that:
- Creates strategic thinking that pushes the envelope of scientific knowledge
- Owns key metrics and KPIs that drive the business
- Runs experimentation of new features including decisions on what and when to launch
- Builds models and algorithms for on and offline usage.
You might be a good fit for this role if you are passionate about solving large problems at the interface of human behavior and marketplaces. You think hard about applying data to complex, long-term problems. You are a good communicator and a strong leader.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent educational background in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied math, economics, operations research, or a related field. Ph.D. degree preferred Masters required.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in data science, with significant personal experience as a technical contributor. Experience working with large data sets and experience with spatial data a plus.
- Experience as a frontline manager, leading teams of 3 or more. As a manager, you will manage several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to create, scale and nourish a team of experienced professionals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, create things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, collaborate, go above and beyond. You are an insatiable doer and motivator of others.
- Experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization.
- Experience with common analysis tools – Python, R, and SQL. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1