At Uber, they ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. They take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
They welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with them, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Role
Your role, as Data Science Manager of Dynamic Pricing, is to manage a team of data scientists to build systems and models to identify and deliver both incremental and step-change improvements to their dynamic pricing systems. As the data science manager on the team, you will identify key gaps and opportunities, set priorities, and develop and execute the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the team, all in close collaboration with partner engineering and product management teams. You are highly data-obsessed, diving deep into how dynamic pricing is playing out both day-to-day and in experiments, and excel at leading a talented team of data scientists to deliver on this mission.
Dynamic Pricing is live across the world at all times, giving this role a global scope; be it the Tuesday afternoon commute in Mumbai or New Year’s Eve in New York City, dynamic pricing plays a critical role in keeping their markets healthy.
What You’ll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber’s mission and strategies, as well as the mission and objectives of your team
- Drive innovation, generate and validate new data, tactics and product ideas that maximize their business impact
- Be creative – relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team to generate enthusiasm
- Be deeply truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction. Solicit and embrace critical feedback.
- Collaborate with Uber internal stakeholders, including the product operations, finance, legal, policy, and global operations teams to ensure that their technology supports Uber’s business objectives, globally
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent educational background in computer science, machine learning, statistics, applied math, economics, operations research, or a related field. Ph.D. degree preferred Masters required.
- At least 5 years of industry experience in data science, with significant personal experience as a technical contributor. Experience working with large data sets and experience with spatial data a plus.
- Experience as a frontline manager, leading teams of 3 or more. As a manager, you will manage several direct reports initially and will have the opportunity to create, scale and nourish a team of experienced professionals.
- Entrepreneurial mindset. Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, create things, solve problems, roll up your sleeves, collaborate, go above and beyond. You are an insatiable doer and motivator of others.
- Experience working in a metrics and experimentation driven organization.
- Experience with common analysis tools – Python, R, and SQL. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1