The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures they engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Their team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
As a global growth team, they frequently work on the top priorities for the whole company and influence the experience of music listeners all around the world, from newly launched emerging markets to mature markets.
The company is looking for a key team leader in the organisation charged with understanding how the needs and behaviours of current and future Spotify users are changing, and what new business and product opportunities arise from those shifts in user needs, behaviours and the competitive landscape.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll lead a team of some of the best data scientists in the industry on a quest to produce the data that powers Spotify’s growth
- You’ll work with Research, Design, Tech, and Product managers to deliver complex, mixed methods learning strategies
- You’ll lead exploratory projects to imagine new experiences to users, triangulating the growth impact, revenue impact, and user needs
- You’ll deliver experimentation and measurement strategies for product features that are being launched to hundreds of millions of users around the world
- You’ll represent the work of your team to senior leadership in the organisation, contribute thought leadership to the larger insights practice, and provide strong people leadership to insights practitioners in your team
- Work from one of the offices in London or Stockholm—or remotely from anywhere in EMEA where Spotify has a work location
Who You Are
- You have a passion and a vision for generating insights in the intersection of business and product development
- You have strong eye for business, commercial competence and desire to work with insights partners outside of R&D in business analysis and consumer insights
- You thrive in exploratory spaces where problems may lack definition and are able to create a vision and frameworks that guide teams in solving user and business problems effectively
- You have experience in running complex experiments at large scale and are able to move quickly without compromising the integrity of insights work
- You deeply value and have experience with hiring, coaching, and leading diverse and hard-working teams
- You have a background in Data Science with ability to instill a culture of rigor and excellence in mixed methods insights work
- You are hungry to learn and evolve. From leadership skills to craft to process to industry and market trends – you never stop pushing into the next big challenge
Where You’ll Be
- Spotify is a distributed workforce enabling their band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which the company has a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! Spotify has plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Working hours? They operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
- The company asks that their team members be located within British Summer time zone, Central European time zone, or Eastern European standard time zone for the purposes of the collaboration hours
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Their platform is for everyone, and so is their workplace.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in 2008. Its mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything they do is driven by their love for music and podcasting. Today, they are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1