What You’ll Do
Defending the health and integrity of the public conversation is Twitter’s top priority. The Health Data Science Team partners with Product, Engineering, and Policy to rigorously understand and quantify Twitter’s highly complex and adversarial Health space and use this understanding to empower the Health Organization to better protect its users.
Who You Are
As a data science manager, you build cohesive, high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion. You balance autonomy with guidance by giving your team the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently. You have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and are comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolutions in the case of bad incidents.
You take responsibility for the group’s short-term and long-term strategy, define the team’s roadmap, success metrics, and priorities in close collaboration with multi-functional partners, and inspire your team to independently do the same.
You are great at
- Understanding consumer products and their vulnerability to manipulation and subversion
- Collaborating with PMs, engineers, and designers to drive product impact
- Leading and prioritizing projects
- Nurturing the career growth of data scientists
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Data Science or adjacent roles.
- 2+ years of experience managing Data Scientists
- Expertise solving complex and highly impactful quantitative problems with at least one scripting language (Python, R, etc.) and SQL.
- A Ph.D. or advanced degree in a quantitative field or commensurate experience
- Domain expertise in statistical inference
- Relevant Health or Platform Integrity domain expertise
- Work experience at a large tech company
- Expertise with quantitative analytics tools at scale with technologies such as Spark.
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. They do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1