They’re looking for a Data Science Manager for the Supply pillar of their Instagram Shopping organization, to work on core products and help drive informed product decisions.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have experience building and managing analytics teams will have worked with large data stores and will have experience building software. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product. This position is based in New York City.
The Data Science Manager is responsible for building a world-class data organization to support the Instagram Shopping team. This role is directly responsible for managing the data science team to ensure proper goal-ing, testing, and forecasting and to develop insights that identify the biggest opportunities for the IG community and drive product strategy.
- Technical Execution:
- This role has less direct technical involvement but needs to manage a team with a high degree of technical competency
- Ensure their data and analysis are reliable and rigorous across all of their products
- Partner with Data Engineering to ensure the right metrics are created and validate accuracy
- Oversee the building/maintaining of reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of their products
- Ensure they have the appropriate logging, tables, and dashboards to measure product success
- Develop new metrics with accuracy and stability
- Validate metric accuracy for internal and external reporting
- Analyze Data Trends to Identify Opportunities and Drive Product Strategy
- Seize opportunities to ensure product teams are prioritizing the most impactful work
- Ensure product strategy has actionable measurement plans by developing goal metrics and evaluating product team performance
- Determine ways to use data as a strategic asset in product development
- Developing Goal Metrics and Evaluate Product Team Performance
- Investigating Ad Hoc Issues and Debugging Regressions
- Develop Testing Plans and Validate Statistically Accurate Results
- Reporting to Instagram and FB Inc. Stakeholders and Coordination Across the Company
- 3+ years of experience in managing other team members in a formal or informal capacity
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience crisply and clearly communicating the results of the analysis to an executive audience
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, or related quantitative field
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, MATLAB, SPSS, SAS, Stata, etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- 5+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis at a technology company, consulting, investment banking, or product management, including experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1