Airbnb has become a global marketplace that connects travelers and hosts from over the world. Airbnb’s Marketplace Intelligence team sits at the heart of the marketplace. The team builds products to direct Airbnb’s demand and supply acquisition efforts in order to optimize efficiency and liquidity. The team also produces quantitative insights that enable Airbnb to develop incisive, real-time products and strategies that yield an efficient and competitive marketplace.
They’re seeking a proven data science leader excited about statistical modeling, forecasting, analytics, experimentation, and mining user behavior data to work on some of Airbnb’s biggest marketplace challenges. You will lead a large team focused on developing advanced inference and forecasting models to disentangle the interplay between supply and demand. You and your team will collect data and produce quantitative insights to shape Airbnb’s competitive strategy.
As a leader, you will set best practices, architect solutions, design processes and build a team that will grow at a fast clip. You’ll partner with engineering and product executives to design strategy and vision for Airbnb marketplace optimization.
- Domain expertise in marketplace optimization/ design
- Strong foundation in product analytics and statistics
- A keen eye for detail and thoughtful investigation of data before relying upon it
- Ability to think and execute at multiple altitudes: from strategy and vision to execution
- 4+ years in the industry with proven business impact; 2+ years in management
- Passion for growing a team and talent
- Ph.D./ MS in a quantitative field preferred
- Experience with languages used for querying (e.g. Hive/Pig/SQL), preprocessing (e.g. Unix/python), and statistical analysis (e.g. R/Matlab/Stata)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1