Location: Beaverton, OR
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike, Inc. Technology is responsible for making the world’s largest sport brand run faster, smarter and more securely. From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Global Technology aggressively innovates solutions to drive growth while creating and implementing tools that help make everything else in the company possible.
- Work to develop and/or implement platforms to enable our Data Science Community the develop, create and deploy machine learning capabilities.
- End to end hands-on ownership of machine learning platforms deployable across various Cloud providers – including data pipelines, model generation, training and inference engines
- Evaluate new AI Frameworks for possible longterm platform approaches.
- Conduct Proof of Concept (POC) projects designed to evaluate the feasibility of new data science open source projects, vendor supplied machine learning and/or AI platforms
- Work with Data Science Community to anticipate platform needs required to support algorithm development, model management, data engineering and model serving
- Facilitate deep technical discussions with end-users and partners
- Provide customer feedback to product and engineering teams to help define product direction.
- Provide domain expertise public cloud and enterprise technology
- Advance open source development practices with the engineering team through participation in architecture, technical design and code reviews
- 5+ years of designing and developing backend systems in a professional work environment.
- 5+ years working with OO and functional programming languages, such as Scala, Java and/or Python.
- 4+ years of data management experience (structure & databases, process data streams, ETLs).
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL, NoSQL, graph and unstructured databases.
- 2+ years of expertise in security, scaling, and load balancing.
- 1+ years delivering solutions that run in Cloud Service Providers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 8+ years of experience, MS Computer Science degree preferred.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, AWS technologies, Linux development platform
- Experience using one or more open source machine learning frameworks such as of TensorFlow, KubeFlow, PyTorch is a plus
- Experience leading the design, implementation, and operation of distributed software systems
- Experience communicating with users and stakeholders to collect requirements, present and review technical designs
- Development experience with Go programming and/or C/C++/Java, Python
- Experience with Windows as a development platform is a plus, but not required
- Experience with source code control systems like GIT, Subversion.
- Experience using DevOps tools, like Chef, Jenkins, Circle CI, Puppet, Ansible, Cloud Formation Templates, Terraform, Docker etc.
- Experience working with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience developing and using RESTful APIs (preferably micro services)
- Knowledgeable about machine learning (concepts and application)
- Experience or exposure to Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)
- Solid knowledge of secure coding practices and experience with open source technologies.
- Strong teamwork, leadership, and time management skills
- Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills on both technical and non-technical topics.
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Drive to accomplish team goals in a fast-paced environment
- Love to learn and develop new skills continuously
- Thrive on working with new technologies
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Job ID 00428904
- Marketing & Advertising
- Information Technology & Services
- Financial Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1