Data Science Watch Product Tools & Technology Director – 31588
Data Science – USA Oldsmar, Florida
As a global leader in measurement and information, we believe providing our clients a precise understanding of the consumer is the key to making the right decisions — decisions that can lead to profitable growth. At Nielsen, we’re always innovating to keep pace with emerging market trends and the increasingly diverse, demanding and connected consumer. After nearly a century, we’re more focused and skilled than ever at providing the complete view of what consumers watch and buy through powerful insights that clarify the relationship between content and commerce. Whether our clients are in media, consumer packaged goods, telecom or advertising, our expansive data and measurement capabilities provide market context and confidence through our long history of innovation and integrity.
This Director level position will provide support, leadership and expertise as a trusted technical advisor to guide decision making and innovation regarding the technology platform for all Data Science Watch Product teams supporting TV, Audio, and Digital.
- Solve complex technical issues with cloud infrastructure, DevOps challenges, and platform administration.
- Establish and roll out standards to drive consistency for software development by delivering best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations
- Customize and drive adoption of Agile and SDLC practices for distributed teams across DSci
- Consult and guide automation initiatives for consistency across Data Science.
- Support cloud migration efforts for software, data storage and delivery
- Consult on infrastructure design and maintenance
- Support DSci, Operations, and AppDev teams for Process Improvement and implementation of technology.
- Oversee and facilitate the training and adoption of tools and technology
- Administration and/or setup of technical tools and platforms
- Represent the company with technical associations, industry contacts and councils
- Work with technical leads to implement orchestration, scheduling, data access, benchmarking, performance management.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards
- Centralize communication to ensure cross-team alignment.
- Work with several tools in AWS Cloud, such as Databricks, Ansible, EC2, EMR, Jenkins, Git, S3 etc
Role Requirements: E=essential, P=preferred.
- E- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Operation Research, or other hard sciences (e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics etc.)
- P- Masters degree in an above mentioned field
- E- 6+ years experience with software development and data engineering
- E- 8+ years experience in IT
- E- Advanced knowledge of software design and testing principles
- E- Familiar with database management systems
- E- Familiar with relevant operating systems and communication interfaces
- P – Experience implementing automation techniques for data engineering and analytics software
- E- Analytic and logic proficiency
- E- Proficiency with Python, SQL
- E- Ability to work cross-functionally and energize, empower and influence at all levels (both internal and external)
- E- Excellent leadership, negotiation, and people skills
- E- Embodies the Nielsen Leadership values (e.g. diversity, inclusiveness, integrity, etc.)
- E- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- E- Assesses situations quickly and act with agility
- P- Experience with data visualization and ability to quickly grasp statistical methods, and methodologies
- P- Proficiency with AI and ML
- P – Experience with Tableau, Databricks, AWS
- P – Experience leading cross-functional process improvements and holding project leads accountable to the greater project goals.
- E- Ability to shift between hands-on detailed analysis and big picture thinking and customizing communication based on the audience.
- P- Experience working in an Agile (scrum) development environment (Test-Driven Design, MVP, iterative and incremental design), familiarity with DevOps concepts
- P – DevOps experience
- P- Experience with Cloud integrations.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar , Florida
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, , ,
Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Market Research
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1