If you’re here, then that likely means you’re already familiar with OpenDataScience.com!
Much of the content on the site is contributed by freelance writers from all over the world. We’ve accepted content from all across the U.S., Spain, India, Ukraine, and more. ODSC is community-driven, and now we’d love to bring in more voices to expand our offerings and grow more!
Data science can be a tough field to break into. Our data science writers program is for those looking to get experience and exposure and showcase their skills. The program allows you to get experience in creating tutorials, how-to guides, and more. You work with our content team and get acquainted with ODSC contributors and speakers that are some of the top minds in data science.
What we’re looking for:
- The ability to write articles/blogs/tutorials for OpenDataScience.com on a regular basis, preferably at least 1-2 per week.
- Excellent written and editorial skills with little-to-no need for fact-checking and editing.
- Ample data science knowledge to provide tutorials for other data scientists to expand their skill set.
What’s in it for you:
- Exposure: This site gets over 100,000 views per month – that’s a lot of eyes to see your talent.
- Portfolio: This is a great way to get noticed in the data science field! Prospective employers will pay attention to how well you can communicate your technical knowledge.
- Experience: Many of our past and current writers have used their experience as a writer here to move on to full-time jobs, graduate school, and promotions at their current role.
- Learning: We will help connect you with past ODSC speakers for interviews, and give you free tickets to ODSC events to learn on-the-spot.
- Did we mention it’s a paid role? Payment is per-article, bi-weekly via PayPal. Amount per article is commensurate with experience.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1