Job Description Summary:
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), they believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Their mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Risk Data Scientists are on the front line of identifying and targeting fraud to keep our millions of users secure and engaged. Risk Data Scientists apply their analytical and technical skills to researching data, monitoring, and creating solutions that stop fraudulent activity on PayPal’s platform. They analyze existing loss trends and define logics, solutions, and operational processes that prevent them – while delivering best-in-class customer experience for PayPal users. They partner closely with the Product teams to define features and integrate risk prevention tools to support business goals. Team members are excited about solving analytical problems. They are bright, they are responsible, and they know how to follow through. If you’re also like that, PayPal would love to hear from you.
Specific Responsibilities Include
This role offers a unique opportunity to innovate and improve PayPal’s fraud prevention and detection technologies.
- Design, develop and maintain data-driven solutions for PayPal consumer risk management
- Developing expertise in specific areas by leading analytical projects independently, while setting goals, providing benefit estimations, defining workflows, and coordinating timelines in advance
- Makes sound decisions that balance risk, user experience and financial performance.
- Identify and address problems and issues during normal course of work and respond to risk mitigation needs quickly to solve issues with minimum guidance
- Develop and automate tracking functionality that monitors volume and solution efficacy
- Regularly evaluate and communicate performance of data driven risk solutions to management
- Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results on matters of significance to the business.
- Look for improvement and innovation opportunities with business impact
- Provide a source of high-quality ideas
- Produce accurate, automated risk solutions, and manual handling policies to block fraudulent activities by declining payments, adding accounts to the fraud review queue, or restricting suspicious users
- Work closely with product teams on the development of new products to identify potential gaps that might create loss and define requirements to mitigate those risks
- Have a good understanding of general business trends and directions to be able to put your own work in the broad business context
- BS/BA degree in related field required or equivalent professional work-related experience.
- 3+ years of experience in solving problems using a data-driven approach or Master’s degree and 2+ years.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High proficiency in Python, SQL, Big Query, Hadoop, R etc.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent follow-through
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- High emotional intelligence, a can-do mentality, and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Industry experience in payments, e-commerce, or financial services is a strong plus
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1