The Data and Analytics team is a nimble and highly impactful team that provides critical guidance, insights, and strategic frameworks to the senior leaders in the organization. As an integral part of the team, the Data Scientist will use sophisticated methods to extract meaning from large volumes of data in order to guide the strategies and roadmaps of various business units, often working alongside stakeholders in the process. Our guiding principle is “truth in analytics” and the incumbent will embody the same.The Data Scientist will be involved in all things analytics; leveraging statistics, machine learning methods, cloud engineering, and business intelligence tools to solve problems. They will also leverage entry-level data engineering understanding (SQL, Python, and Linux) to improve the team’s data ecosystem within Google Cloud Platform. The ultimate goal of a data scientist is to drive the optimization and improvement of products, marketing, and business strategies at Pearson.General ResponsibilitiesSpecific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned within reason.
- Create cloud engineering solutions to support analytics teams. This includes cloud functions, extract- transform-load scripts, and batch processing jobs.
- Select and use the appropriate statistical tests and machine learning methods to examine business hypotheses.
- Create and mine datasets in Google BigQuery and other company data sources to support analyses.
- Work with stakeholders in the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging analysis that drives business solutions.
- Coordinate with other engineering teams to enhance the Data and Analytics team’s data ecosystem.
- Explore new technologies to enhance the Data and Analytics team’s data ecosystem.
- Aid in the development of best practices used in business metrics analysis.
- Support process improvement discussions with stakeholders informed by analytical insights.
- Participate in business partner-facing presentations and meetings as needed.
- Support a team of analysts in maintaining the data quality and governance of new and existing data sources and pipelines.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in a technical field, with coursework in advanced statistics (for example: Engineering, Physics, Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, and related fields) OR combination of education and experience required (advanced degree preferred but analytics experience will be strongly considered).
- Two (2) years of experience writing complex queries using SQL.
- Prior experience with Data Science languages like Python, and/or R. You’ll be expected to pass a simple assessment that shows you understand basic programming concepts (variables, loops, conditions, functions, and basic data structures)
- Prior experience using statistical (e.g., correlations, regressions, clustering, A/B testing, behavioral modeling, revenue attribution etc.) and/or machine learning techniques to solve problems.
- Prior experience using Git-based repositories.
- Ability and interest to learn, research, and apply new technologies and methods for solving business problems.
- Ability and interest in learning new computer languages for dealing with Engineering problems (e.g. Java, NodeJS, Bash Shell, Scala)
- Prior experience operating in a Cloud Platform (Google Cloud Platform preferred, but AWS/Azure is fine).
- Previous experience or interest in developing clean datasets.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team setting and shifting priorities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups.
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesNoneCompensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:Minimum full-time salary range is between $95,000.00 – $100,000.00This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here here.Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1