As a Data Scientist on our team, you will help us craft data strategies, implement models, and generally work towards improving outcomes for the creditors and borrowers we serve. You will play a pivotal role in using data to build our current and future products.
- Borrower experience. Help make the collections experience simpler and more empathetic for borrowers while improving recoveries. This might include running experiments to improve conversion, analyzing user behavior to find opportunities for product improvement, and designing reinforcement learning models to automate decision-making.
- Client experience. Dig deep into borrower behavior to help creditors build a better understanding of their borrowers. This includes building ML-based recommendations of how creditors can have more effective interactions with their borrowers and visualization that make your recommendations easy to understand.
- Data sophistication and peer development. Level up the analytics team by sharing your knowledge of statistics, data science practices, and the problem domain, helping ensure their success. You’ll do this through code review, pair programming, documentation, and just plain being supportive.
- Data infrastructure. Improve our database schemas and scheduled jobs to make analytics more efficient and optimize our resource utilization.
You May Be a Fit If You
- 5+ years of experience in relevant analytics roles with at least 2 years of experience in data science, ideally at a venture-backed, high–growth startup
- Advanced statistical knowledge, ability to go well beyond the basics of bias, independence, significance testing, confidence intervals, and correlations
- Mid-level to advanced knowledge of R or Python, with preferred experience building and applying statistical models in either of these languages
- Experience managing experiments
- Mid-level to advanced SQL proficiency and ability to write simple, maintainable queries
- A track record of driving complex decisions involving stakeholders both inside and outside your team
- A desire to find the best possible outcome for your team, whether that means building a complex model or writing SQL queries to unblock a product decision
What We Can Offer You
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities, allowing you to work in the office and from home on a schedule that works for you
- Pet-friendly office (only in NYC, for now!)
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rest and recharge
- Flexible work hours for better work/life balance
- Generous new parent leave program for all employees to enjoy bonding time
- Free lunches for team socializing activities
- Annual learning and development budget to invest in your professional growth
- 401k so you can invest in your future
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Free access to the mental well-being platform Spring Health plus 3 free virtual sessions with a Spring Health licensed therapist.
- Commuter benefits for your travel to/from the office
- Endless growth opportunity and the ability to take on new and exciting challenges
January believes in doing its part to help close the wage gap that continues to plague much of the US workforce. We offer transparent and equitable compensation packages to all existing and future January team members.
Our compensation range for the Data Scientist role is $150,000 to $170,000. We determine the final package by considering experience, applicable education and training, and relevant skills derived throughout our interview process.
This role also includes a competitive equity package, giving you a chance to feel true ownership of your work.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1