🌏 London (Hybrid working)
💷 Discretionary Company Bonus Scheme
⏰ Monday – Friday (37.5 hours per week)
💖 Our perks
🌏25 days holiday plus bank holidays, to take time to recharge and do something you love.
🤸 Hybrid working – you’ll be able to split your time between working in the office and at home.
🤒Healthcare plan – free healthcare via Vitality for you and your family. You’ll receive money back on health appointments e.g. dental, optical and more.
👍Pension – Oodle will contribute 5% of your salary into your pension pot to help you save for the future.
🥝Free breakfast, drinks and fruit in the office – you can help yourself to cereals, toast, fizzy drinks and lots of fruit.
🤟Employee discounts – discounts you can access anywhere, anytime for all major shops.👌1 day volunteer day per year – an opportunity to give back to the community each year.
⭐Mental health care – 6 free counselling sessions via our EAP (Employee Assistance Programme).
🤧Paid sick leave – enhanced sick pay of up to 20 full days in a rolling 12-month period.
👨Enhanced family leave – we provide enhanced family leave for primary and secondary caregivers.
🚗 Oodle – who are we?
🚗Our mission is to be the UK’s simplest way to find and finance a great value used car. We want to put car buyers back in control and make the car buying experience as simple, straightforward, and joyful as possible as car buyers deserve oodles of car buying confidence!We are a team of 450 people located in Manchester, Oxford and London. Over the past 6 years, we’ve supported 10,000’s of customers on their car buying journey and know 2023 is shaping up to be another exciting year!
🙌 The RoleOodle are looking for a Data Scientist to help us take our Data Science capability to the next level. There is an abundance of exciting and challenging projects to get your hands on! If you love owning your work, love data, love programming and driving business outcomes then come and join us in our fun and exciting journey! We have a hybrid working policy, with the team based primarily in Shoreditch, London, spending 1-2 days per week in the office.
What you’ll be getting up to:
Apply a combination of analytical and programming skills to develop, implement and deploy to production data science models/algorithms to achieve some of Oodle’s key business objectives. You will contribute to maintenance and development of related production system. You will report into the central Data Science function to develop data science capability and work on projects in business areas such as Credit Risk and Loan Processing. You will have opportunities to work with the wider Data team, the Credit Risk function, Product and Engineering.Our main programming languages are python are SQL.
- Conduct exploratory and deep dive analysis as an integral part of data science project life cycle.
- Work with subject matter experts to create solutions that ‘make sense’ and align with business requirement.
- Develop and deploy data science models/algorithms to achieve Oodle’s key business objectives, leveraging internal and external data such as credit bureau data.
- Maintain and develop Oodle’s loan application decisioning system which makes automated lending decisions fundamental to the success of the business and best customer outcomes.
- Communicate to stakeholders across the business on properties and performance of the data science models.
- Support model monitoring and governance.
- Contribute to how the data and technology stack are structured to suit the data science team in the future.
The role will be a great fit if you have:
- Demonstrable project experience applying a combination of analytical/modelling and programming skills, from either work experience or university thesis/projects.
- Demonstrable skills/potential in contextualising data sets and sensibly apply such insight to analysis and model building.
- Programming experience in Python / R or other object-oriented languages.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excited by being hands-on in data wrangling and develop deep data understanding.
- Solid understanding of regression and classification principles.
If would be great if you had:
- Experience of working with bureau data not required but a major plus.
- Experience in Python and SQL.
- Experience in version control, e.g., Git.
- Successfully completed a quantitative subject (e.g., computer science, physics, engineering) to degree level or above.
👩💻 Hiring Process
☎️ Initial screening (30 mins)
📝 Assessment/Test (completed at home) (3-4 hours)
🔦 Technical (talk about your assessment and thought process), Capability and Values interview (1.5 hours)
💚 Our Values
Our values are our personal brand and lay the foundation of what we care about the most. They provide us with guidance, so we can work towards the same goals. They are our DNA and are kept at the forefront of our Oodler’s mind when making business decisions.Embrace being human – empathy and diversity make us strongerStrive for awesome – it’s awesome when we do better every dayEveryone’s a builder – we’re in this together and we win as a teamBravely honest – we’re honest with ourselves and everyone elseThink customer – they’re at the heart of everything we do
To find out more about our culture and what happens at Oodle check out our LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1