Who we are at Osmo:
Osmo is a digital olfaction company, on a mission to give computers a sense of smell to improve the health and wellbeing of human life. Why? Our sense of smell both enriches and saves lives, and has a deep and direct connection to our emotions and memory. Vision and hearing have been digitized, but not scent. It’s time we solve this. We’re bringing an unprecedented combination of software, data, hardware and capital to the historic challenge of giving computers a sense of smell.We believe in the power of automation and carefully applied AI/ML to solve problems that are beyond what the unaided human mind can tackle on its own. In the first phase of our development, we are using our map of odor along with cutting-edge generative AI to create the next generation of aroma molecules (e.g., the ingredients in the fragrances we wear and the products we use). We’re a hybrid company with a laboratory and center-of-mass in Cambridge, MA.
Osmo is hiring a Data Scientist, to build the analytics function within our Data Science team to uncover insights, support operations, and help build the digital backbone of Osmo. You’ll work closely with Product, Engineering, and Chemistry to help solve the challenge of giving computers a sense of smell. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a passion for data and the ability to translate complex information into actionable recommendations.
- Collaborate with chemists, perfumers, and machine learning engineers to form new research questions and perform experiments to test them
- Utilize your SQL and Python skills to conduct empirical analyses that bridge various data sources, such as sensor data, scent profiles, and user feedback. Explore datasets to answer the fundamental questions of odor profile.
- Design and implement efficient data processes to address business challenges. Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data and reporting requirements, and develop streamlined workflows for data intake, validation, engineering, modeling, visualization, and communication.
- Deliver reports and insights that analyze key performance metrics and provide actionable recommendations. Define and refine metrics that measure the success of our products and business initiatives. Continuously evaluate and improve existing metrics to provide more meaningful insights.
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (Math, Computer Science, Statistics or similar) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a data analytics role, preferably in a fast-paced environment. Ideal if this includes previous technical leadership experience.
- Strong experience in SQL, Python, and Jupyter notebooks. Experience with dashboarding tools such as Looker is a plus.
- Foundational ML and statistical modeling abilities and ability to implement these models in Python
- Ability to create compelling data visualizations and effectively communicate complex findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present findings to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Curiosity to work across disciplines with research scientists on new and exciting areas, to learn new things about ML, chemistry and neurobiology and to smell new things and discover new molecules!
Who you are:
- You’re Curious, Kind, Clear and Get Stuff Done. You have a first-class mind, and you want to stretch it.
- You want to work on a nearly impossible goal that serves a deep human need, drawing on a wide diversity of knowledge and skill to achieve it. Where there’s a gap, we explore it from first-principles and arrive at pragmatic solutions.
- You want to work with curious, kind, results-oriented teammates on this adventure into the unknown.
At Osmo, we believe in the simple maxim, “be kind, get stuff done.” If this role inspires you we’d encourage you to apply. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining an incredible team optimized for a diversity of thought, background, and approaches. All employment decisions and responsibilities are determined based on current ability and your ability to grow, without regard to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, physical, mental, or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1