Manager of Business Intelligence
The Data Scientist role is responsible for leveraging statistical and computational methods to derive insights and develop predictive models based on company and industry data. This includes building algorithms to support internal departments, designing and implementing experiments, and analyzing sales and operational data to drive decision-making across the organization. Additionally, the Data Scientist will also be responsible for creating datasets and leveraging advanced statistical analysis, machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques to guide the company’s strategic initiatives. Close collaboration with cross-functional teams will be necessary to address business challenges and opportunities while continuously enhancing models and algorithms to ensure accurate and effective results.
Essential Job Functions
The Data Scientist must be able to perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Developing scalable data analysis and machine learning models using tools like Python, R, SAS, BigQuery ML, Spark ML, Hadoop, and SQL.
- Make custom data models, standard statistical models, machine learning or deep learning algorithms for building diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive, and automated data solutions
- Designing experiments and conducting A/B testing to evaluate hypotheses and measure the impact of changes.
- Support integration of solutions within existing business processes using automation techniques.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, claims, and manufacturing to drive business outcomes.
- Communicate findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical staff through reports, dashboards, and presentations.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing tasks and managing timelines to deliver high-quality work.
Nature Of Supervision
- This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in solving problems requiring complex quantitative reasoning using data & modeling techniques.
- Experience with statistical programming tools such as Python, R, SAS, BigQuery ML, Spark ML, Hadoop, SQL, and/or others
- Expertise in machine learning algorithms and techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, regression analysis, classification, clustering, and predictive analytics.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to develop and implement analytical solutions to complex business problems.
- Research new theories and technologies in analytics to generate innovative ideas for practical models.
- Knowledge and experience in ETL, relational databases, and data warehousing.
- Comfortable working with both technical and non-technical staff to translate concepts and algorithms into working prototypes and solutions.
Most job responsibilities are performed while seated indoors with little exposure to hazards. Travel may be required for one to two weeks a year. Some flex hours may be required (must be able to work nights and weekends on a non-routine basis).
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1