We’re Civica and we make software that helps deliver critical services for citizens all around the world. From local government to central government, to education, to health and care, over 5,000 public bodies across the globe use our software to help provide critical services to over 100 million citizens.
Our aspiration is to be a GovTech champion everywhere we work around the globe, supporting the needs of citizens and those that serve them every day. Building on 21 years of continuous growth and success, we’re at a pivotal point on our journey to realise that aspiration.
As a company, we’re passionate about what we do and the citizens we help to serve. If you too would like to help champion the use of technology in public services, to improve outcomes for citizens and public sector organisations, then Civica is the right place for you. We will help you unlock the best version of yourself, achieve growth in your career whilst making a real difference to people and communities.
- The central analytics team are looking for a qualified Data Scientist to actively develop AI solutions in line with best technical and ethical practice.
- The Data Scientist will have a responsibility to work alongside the Central Analytics team both in the UK and India to support the development of AI solutions.
- To work alongside business unit stakeholders to understand their requirements and objectives. Identifying appropriate algorithms and approaches.
- To advise and challenge both stakeholders and peers on potential ethical or governance implications, taking mitigating action or escalating where necessary.
- Research, design, experiment and deploy AI solutions using appropriate algorithms, validations, and delivery methods.
- Function as a technical lead for other data science resources to ensure fair, ethical, and accurate AI solutions.
Principal responsibilities and tasks:
- Undertake relevant research around customer requirements to identify possible approaches and algorithms.
- Work using AGILE principals ensuring activities are visible and up to date in Azure DevOps.
- Analyse available data and ensure appropriate sampling, identify, and evaluate collection biases.
- Undertake data correction and pre-processing where necessary including techniques such dimensionality reduction, imputation, and boot strapping.
- Run experimentation with algorithms to identify the most effective for use, ensuring appropriate validation methods are selected and employed.
- Evaluate whether algorithms are suitable for deployment and feedback where not and what improvements could be developed, including assessments for fairness and bias.
- Communicate or visualize outputs of algorithms in an appropriate medium.
- Evaluate whether algorithms are suitable for deployment and feedback where not and what improvements could be developed.
- Construct Azure ML pipeline containing all stages of the AI\ML workflow. Supporting deployment and continued evaluation of AI/ML solution.
- Support deployment and continued evaluation of AI/ML solution
- Work alongside team to integrate pipelines into business unit application.
- Documentation of algorithm and project handover.
- Experience in Natural Language Processing (NLP) or time series analysis is beneficial.
- Experience setting up relevant architectures to monitor production solutions and perform MLOps
- An interest in generative AI and LLMs
Life at Civica: Life at Civica is fun and flexible. We have the following benefits that make us – one of the top employers of choice and a great place to work.
Civica Foundation | Giving Culture: We encourage our people to take advantage of our Days of Difference initiative that makes a lasting impact in the community through goodness and charity.
Civica Culture | Work life balance and Blended working: Flexible working, less commuting and more time with friends and family gives a perfect work life balance to our people.
Learning and Development | Growth Opportunities: Civica has a unique 70:20:10 learning model, which supports your learning demands in an interesting, challenging & fun way!
Employee Wellbeing: Being a people-first company, we have integrated health and wellbeing benefits for our members and their family. We have a team of Mental Health Champions working hard to change the stigma around Mental Health. We routinely run awareness workshops to ensure our colleagues better understand how Mental Health can impact your day-to-day life. We are available for support when you need it most and actively encourage our people to reach out to us.
Generous Leave Policy: Civica allows you to take time off from work with generous leave benefits.
Rewards and Recognition: We recognise and appreciate our colleagues for their contribution by monetary/non-monetary recognitions and rewards.
Tenure Milestone Recognition: We value and recognise the years of service of our people.
Employee-led Affinity Groups: Civica has different affinity groups in place, where people can share experiences and put forward their ideas, suggestions, and recommendations to make Civica an even more inclusive organisation for everyone. Our groups are for anyone who wants to support and ally with that community.
‘Investors in People’ – Gold: We prioritise the development of our colleagues to match their ambition.
Great Place to Work: We are dedicated to creating an outstanding employee experience.
Financial Times – Diversity Leader 2023: We’re committed to maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture.
Australian Business Awards – Employer of choice.
Top rated employer – Glassdoor: Our average length of service is 9 years.
Societal Impact: Our solutions impact positive societal change, supporting local Authorities, Schools, Police forces, the NHS and numerous Central Government offices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- data science
- machine learning
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1