Looking for opportunities to use cutting edge technologies analyzing petabytes of data in a world class Hadoop cluster, generating insights to guide consumers in their journey to wellness and help them achieve their health ambitions, whether its playing tackle football with their grandkids or running the Inca Trail Marathon? Aetna’s Provider & Network Analytics team is focused on delivering strategically-impactful programs and tools to effectively partner with healthcare providers to help members across all life stages feel the joy of achieving their best health, in their own way.
We are currently looking for an exceptional Data Scientist in our New York City or Hartford CT locations.
Manages and is responsible for the successful delivery of the algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools to meet business needs. Acts as the analytic team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and tasks, providing individual mentoring in support of company objectives.
- Develops complex algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems. Utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and specialized expertise in the organization and/or industry
- Applies analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, using advanced statistical techniques.
- Manages large and complex analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation and testing
- Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions
An Ideal Candidate will have the following background and experience:
- 3 years of relevant programming or analytic experience.
- Ability to work with large data sets from multiple data sources.
- Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of data modeling, machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization.
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication skills. Able to present information to various audiences.
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Masters Degree a Plus
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1