They’re looking for a hands-on data scientist with large data set expertise. A rare opportunity to be at the forefront of leadingtechnologies and work with a cutting-edge data science platform. Whilst you take your skills to the next level and beyond.
Where you fit
Shell is passionate about bringing together agile, collaborative, cross-functional venture teams that explore new opportunities, solve real business problems and most importantly, grow performance.
Which is why they created Shell Agile Hub to revolutionize the way Shell designs, builds and launches digital products and services.
Sitting as a startup within Shell Ventures, they’re a cutting edge, pioneering team of business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. They engender their own culture and autonomy to combine innovative ideas and technology to create industry-leading products and services, and grow a data science practice from the ground up.
What’s the role?
Naturally, you’ll bring your strong technical expertise in data science to help them to find ways of increasing customer value, with the opportunity to help them setup best-practice data science, including the direction of future tooling, and how the company engages overall in data science.
In practice that means working with colleagues, from other data scientists and engineers to project managers across interdisciplinary projects, to successfully drive structure and knowledge from raw data. Helping to identify important questions and data needs, and apply statistical methods to data to find answers.
To succeed, you’re going to have a highly collaborative mindset, confident to sensitively challenge others in your team, whilst prioritizing your own workload as you move speedily from one project to the next. Calling on your strong data knowledge, you’ll thrive on driving process change and experimenting with new approaches; always with a keenness to share learnings.
Finally, you’ll use your strong communication skills to easily nurture and influence trustworthy relationships with a range of virtual stakeholders.
What they need from you
They’re keen to hear from men and women with experience working with and analysing large data sets, with an ability to write code. You’ll also call on your strong academic background in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or another relevant discipline, ideally up to PhD. Plus, we’d hope to see as many of the following on your CV
- Expert knowledge of statistics.
- Real-world experience in working with product and business teams.
- Strong knowledge of Python and relevant libraries (PySpark, Pandas, etc).
- The ability to communicate results clearly and a focus on driving impact.
- An inquisitive nature in diving into data inconsistencies to pinpoint issues.
- Proficiency at driving the collection of new data and refining existing data sources.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
- Proven best practices in software development and in productionising data science will be an advantage.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join them and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, they need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways they’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential…
- They’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let them know about your circumstances when you apply and they’ll take it from there.
- They’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- They’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- They consider theirselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. They encourage you to discuss this with them in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine their creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
They’re huge advocates for career development. They’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, they frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then they have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Their people are their greatest asset, and their commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading development programme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UK’s growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. They are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, they serve more than four million customers at their filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
Please note They occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read their data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1