Starcom is the Human Experience Company. A world-renowned media communications agency, they believe the alchemy of people and technology creates experiences people love, and actions brands need. With more than 5,000 employees worldwide, Starcom partners with the world’s leading marketers and new establishment brands, including Airbnb, Coca-Cola, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz, Samsung, Visa and more. Starcom is part of Publicis Media, one of four solution hubs within Publicis Groupe and has offices within Publicis One.
Exciting opportunity for a Data Scientist to join their award-winning Data & Insights team and to help shape data, owning and presenting your own work demonstrating transformational insight to the client’s business and push the boundaries of data being at the core of our initiatives.
They are a dynamic team of insight and analysis professionals looking to take on someone with a passion for data science with a flair for storytelling and data analysis. They approach insights a little differently here, they focus on finding exciting answers to the questions they get asked every single day. They want someone with true passion for making a difference to the work they do internally and their client’s business.
What You’ll Do
This is a collaborative role working alongside the media strategists and data analysts to execute multi-brand strategies for a large consumer product client. Having a strong background and understanding of data-focused marketing, this person will be responsible for executing investigative projects alongside a lead data scientist that will influence the media plan and performance. This role is across multiple projects, in a dynamic environment, across multiple brands and products for a client in the FMCG sector.
The Data Scientist’s main stakeholders will be internal (analysts, strategists, planners and creatives) with a client facing component to the work as well.
- This role requires a good understanding of all phases of the analytic process including data collection, preparation, modelling, evaluation, and insight generation. The creative use of data/data sources is a must, the candidate should have not only a strong analytical mind but also to be resourceful when it comes to solving problems with limited initial data
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise in the use of machine learning and statistical techniques; skills in deep learning, data mining, knowledge extraction and graph theory are also highly desirable
- Experience working for a FMCG company on the client or agency side is a big advantage
What You’ll Bring
- Experience with both descriptive and predictive analytic techniques including clustering, regression, classification methods, etc. (Data Mining /Machine Learning);
- Data extraction from structured/unstructured sources; extracts data from API’s across a range of social platforms – JSON, XML;
- Good data manipulation skills using SQL based databases;
- Experience building customer-level marketing and analytic tools including customer segmentation and performing attribution modelling, media mix modelling, statistics/econometrics;
- Experience with data visualization and analytic techniques using tools such as Python/R (for visualization purposes), Tableau (Preferred);
- Understanding of Text Mining, Natural Language Processing;
- Preference for candidates with experience working for a FMCG company on the client or agency side;
- Experience working with Big Data, cloud based and open source technologies including Apache Hadoop, Amazon Web Services and/or ideally use of Google Big Query and Google Cloud Platform (preferred);
- Use of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB or Graph Databases (e.g. Neo4J) a plus;
- Working knowledge of digital analytic solutions including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics and social listening platforms (Brandwatch preferred);
What they’ll bring
- A unique chance to work with great clients in an award-winning digital agency. You’ll have the opportunity to work with creatively minded people who make brands count and continue to produce amazing work for clients;
- An excellent opportunity to join a thriving and growing data department working with talented people whilst giving you the tools to develop your career.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1