With over 120 Million customers in 109 countries, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is committed to using data to understand The Players: their customers, better than anyone else. Using the amazing networked power of PlayStation®4 and their other PlayStation systems they learn how they use them for gaming, and also how they use the networked services like streamed games, music, video and TV, how they pay, and how they can improve their customer experience. They work with games developers, marketing, R&D, PlayStation®Store, and many other parts of Sony to constantly improve their customer experience and maximize their business potential.
The Business Intelligence Services (BIS) team has grown rapidly over recent years in response to an increasing need for the business to leverage data to inform and shape key decisions, and to identify new opportunities. Currently there are over 100 staff within the global BIS team, made up of high quality BI and data professionals covering BI architecture and platform support, data processing, insight reporting, predictive analytics, scrum masters and product management
Due to team expansion BIS are looking to recruit talented, highly driven individuals who have excelled in previous roles and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
Data Scientists in the BIS team apply advanced analytical methods and tools to drive value from the data through techniques such as customer segmentation, predictive modelling, forecasting and other algorithms. Their work delivers an in depth understanding of consumer behaviors and support multi-channel targeting and personalization.
You will work in their London offices in an agile team based in a combination of the UK and US, supporting stakeholders throughout the global business in areas such as marketing, CRM, product planning and development, R&D and retail.
You will have the interest and aptitude to quickly develop a deep understanding of what makes their customers tick through understanding the data. And you will have the inter-personal and technical skills to work across the business to bring that insight to application.
You will be involved in a wide range of analytical project activities: from requirements gathering through data modelling and processing; carrying out segmentation or building predictive models; performing deep insight; presenting findings to stakeholders and building reusable data products through close collaboration with the relevant data engineering teams.
You could have a background in data sciences, consulting, computer science, customer insight or elsewhere, but you will be passionate about turning large volumes of data into actionable insight and have the blend of commercial and technical skills required to do so.
Primarily based in London, but a global role supporting colleagues in Europe, the US and Japan.
- Delivery of analytical activities, such as customer behavior segmentation or predictive modelling
- Apply appropriate statistical techniques to answer product questions and understand consumer behavior
- Design, build and support reusable data analysis structures within the technical environment; enabling self-service analytical capability for key technical stakeholders
- Work with Product Managers in BIS to gather requirements from stakeholders, prepare and present analysis results
- Communicate findings to other technical and non-technical teams
- Facilitate cultural adaption to enable a data driven business
- Act as an ambassador for BIS; maintain and enhance BIS reputation and profile within the business by building strong relationships with stakeholders and positively contributing to BIS delivering the highest possible value from people and technical resources available.
- Some global travel may be required, usually to Sony offices in California or Tokyo.
- Masters degree or PhD in a relevant technical or mathematical field
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Strong data management skills including SQL
- Experience with some of the major data science / statistical analytics tools and programming languages (for example Python, R, Scala, Spark)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to present detailed analyses to a broad audience range
- Ability to work collaboratively with other business units in order to achieve common objectives
- Organised self-starter, with drive and commitment; able to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Strong academic background including grade A in A level maths, or international equivalent
- Experience working with large data sets: SQL essential
Skills required (desirable)
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Spark etc.)
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience of visual analytical tools such as Tableau
- Experience of working as a Data Scientist within an agile team
- Experience of relevant industries (e.g. gaming, digital commerce, subscription services)
- Interest in gaming
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal opportunity statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
They strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. They encourage everyone to respond.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1