The Alexa Wakeword team is responsible for delivering the speech models, runtime engine and cloud-based services that provide hands-free invocation of Alexa enabled devices. Accurately measuring model performance is a linchpin for continued progresses in this area. The team is seeking a Data Scientist with exceptional analytic abilities who will work with a team of Scientists and SDEs to drive the measurement and analysis of Wakeword model performance.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Define performance metrics and automate metrics reporting
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the quality and availability of data used for performance measurement
- Develop compelling and easy to understand visualizations for internal customers at all levels
- Apply statistical methods to understand when model performance deviates from expected levels and drive automated alerts
- Deep dive to understand patterns and anomalies in performance metrics
- Conduct experiments and analysis to determine whether candidate wakeword models are ready for promotion to production
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field with three years of working experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience in SQL, R, Python, or another scripting language
- Ability to write SQL scripts for analysis and reporting
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns and of conducting error/deviation analysis.
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering or a related quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in data science
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- Experience in creating data driven visualizations to describe an end-to-end system
- Proficiency with Tableau, QuickSight or other web based interfaces to create graphic-rich customizable plots, charts data maps, etc.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, fast paced environment
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company.
- Experience with AWS features (S3, Redshift, Athena, RDS, EMR)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Company – Amazon.com Services, Inc.
Job ID: A896070
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1