The Data Scientist is a critical position within DSS and in the Data organization who specializes in applying machine learning methods to meet optimization, personalization, recommendations and efficiency related challenges, in close collaboration with engineering and business partners. In this role, you will build and apply machine learning techniques and modern statistics to data both augment decision-making but to also significantly improve operational process problems through automation. You will collaborate across teams to define problems and develop automated solutions with the Data, Product and Engineering teams to be built into our products.
- Reframe objectives as machine learning tasks that can deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimization.
- Implement and execute machine learning with reliability and reproducibility.
- Explain how models and systems work to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to build data-based products and help integrate into the products and operational processes.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for creating better ML models.
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance.
- Demonstrated ability to present data science results and recommendations to business and technical clients.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Scientist in technology sector.
- Demonstrated delivery of machine learning techniques in real-time applications.
- Expertise in modern statistics/data science/machine learning.
- Expertise in a statistical programming language (they use Python and R internally) and data access tools (e.g. SQL).
- Experience with deep learning, NLP, Neural Networks, and/or Bayesian modeling.
- Ability to gauge the complexity of machine learning problems and a willingness to execute simple approaches for quick effective solutions as appropriate
- Graduate degree with background in statistics or machine learning.
About Disney Streaming Services
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Their core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1