Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving the understanding of the past. Since graduating Y-Combinator in 2014, Checkr’s product has shifted the on-demand economy and has continued to scale into serving enterprise companies across various industries. As a company that provides modern and compliant background checks for global enterprises and startups, Checkr knows first hand how difficult it may be for individuals with prior criminal history to find employment and they want to help provide fair chances for the formerly convicted. A career with Checkr provides the opportunity to make an impact on the professional lives of millions of people and they encourage all qualified individuals to apply for their roles.
They’re looking for a Data Scientist to help them better understand their users and build better products. This person will apply quantitative analysis, modeling and data mining to improve background check process and grow the Checkr business. They are a fast-paced and growing team. The ideal candidate works effectively in a cross-functional environment and is comfortable communicating with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Work closely with product and business teams to identify important questions and answer them with data by analysis and experiments
- Apply statistics, modeling, and ML to improve the efficiency of systems and relevant algorithms across Checkr products
- Design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing diverse data sources
- Identify meaningful insights from large data and inform, influence and support both product and business decisions
What You Bring
- 3+ years of experience working with and analyzing complex data sets to solve problems
- An MS or BS in a quantitative field (e.g., Economics, Statistics, Math, Engineering, CS)
- Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language (such as R or Python) and SQL
- Knowledgeable about the machine learning trade-offs and model evaluation
- Proven track record of collaboration with a variety of decision-makers to drive impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational & project management skills
- Experience in machine learning, fraud detection, and text analytics, eg. natural language processing
- Worked at a startup
What You Get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment where we leverage the latest technology
- Hands-on coaching and professional development
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement – a true meritocracy
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Gym membership, transportation reimbursements
- Catered lunch, dinner, and snacks
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1