As a member of their Data Science team, you will use your quantitative expertise to identify new areas of research and optimization, and then see those ideas through to production. Data Science is a fundamental contributor to Intent’s success – your work will have a direct and tangible impact on the business.
There are no typical projects, but a workflow might involve performing research and analysis against petabytes of historical data using their collection of large-scale analytics tools like Spark, Snowflake, and RedShift, building prototypes using mostly Scala or another functional language, pairing with engineers on the Modeling and Prediction team to harden and deploy the functionality, and running live tests to monitor the results.
All of these steps take place in an environment of respect and collaboration, and the Data Science team is empowered to own its agile processes. Every member of the team is expected to be both a student and teacher, and they believe that the most effective Data Science team is one that is collectively learning and growing. Experience in coaching and mentoring colleagues at all levels is strongly desired. As part of the Data Science team, you’d help build out a real-time predictive analytics platform that makes decisions for some of the largest sites on the web.
- Significant industry experience in several of the following areas: personalized experiences, big data analytics, implementing machine learning & statistical methods, designing and running A/B tests, product design and life cycle, writing production code, designing online auctions.
- Experience in user experience customization a plus
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members
- Experience writing production software in languages like Scala, Clojure, Java, Python, or C++ in an agile, collaborative environment
- Experience with handling large amounts of data (TB+) in a production setting
- Experience with Spark is a significant plus
- Experience in ad-tech a plus
Intent is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Their Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Their team is over 100 people and their offices span globally. They’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, they’re inspired by two pursuits. First, they’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, they’re building the company they’ve always wanted to work for – one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. They’re included on Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job!
Their employees enjoy coming to work, and they let them know they’re valued.
Their vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but they insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. They don’t take theirselves too seriously, but the take their work very seriously.
They believe that in order for their employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so their flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels – ideas flow freely.
They offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Unlimited vacation
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light and roof deck access
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7
- In-office yoga classes
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1