Purpose of the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Aviva Quantum Data Science Team. We are looking for top Data Science and Analytics talent to be part of our incredible journey and as we build a world-class Customer Science team. Data, in all its forms, is more readily available than ever before and increasing exponentially. Today’s consumers demand ever-more personalised products and services. Tools and computing power now exist to turn vast data assets into actionable insight.
Using cutting-edge data science techniques and technology, on one of the richest insurance datasets in the world, Aviva Quantum data scientists innovate to tackle Aviva’s toughest problems. We’ve even created a specific Quantum job family to recognise, support and reward our data scientist community.
Within Aviva Quantum sits a very special team – the Customer Science Team. We believe that everything is better when we put the customer first; data science helps us do that at massive scale. We use advanced analytical techniques and rich data assets to create actionable insights, models and tools that support Aviva’s strategic priorities and help customers defy uncertainty.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The creation and delivery of exceptional customer-first data science driven through to action – work that delivers significant, measurable customer and commercial benefit.
- Collaborating with colleagues to identify and solve the real business problems.
- Identifying new and existing data sources and data science techniques to generate best-in class models, insights and understanding.
- Crafting high-impact insights, models and recommendations.
- Building and sharing knowledge, developing team capability and collaboration.
- Developing innovative ways and solutions to problems.
Skills & Experience required:
- Be educated to degree level in a mathematical- or programming-oriented subject, (Computer Science, applied science etc), or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and experience. Post-graduate qualification a plus but not essential.
- Be highly numerate with expertise in statistics, machine learning, analytics or similar.
- Be passionate about putting the customer first, with real-world experience of doing this
- Enjoy communicating and collaborating with others to deliver brilliant, high-impact work.
- Be able to communicate complex technical concepts to specialist / non-specialist audiences.
- Have programming expertise (essential) with one or more of R, Python, or SQL.
- Have experience of digital and big datasets (eg clickstream, Adobe Marketing Cloud)
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Louis Fogg in the Resourcing team on Louis.Fogg@Aviva.com or 0121 234 6674.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Financial Services
- Information Services
- Information Technology
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1