About This Job
We Predict use predictive analytics to help companies forecast the future. Our key strategic project Deepview examines data on repair frequency to predict how automotive components compare across competitors. We place the utmost importance on research and development. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a highly motivated data scientist who can help us address our data analytics challenges. You’ll use your abilities to design predictive models and discover trends to help us develop and refine our core products.
We’re looking for innovative thinkers to join our fun-loving team. As a culture-first company, we’ve paid careful attention to how we like to work together and created an informal working environment with a healthy work-life balance as part of our DNA. Our ethos is simple, we find incredibly talented people to join the team and give them the scope and autonomy to do amazing things.
If you are passionate about working with data and excited by the idea of joining an industry-leading predictive analytics company, we’d love to hear from you.
- Conduct sophisticated analysis to discover trends and patterns across multiple diverse data sources.
- Design, develop and iterate on world-class algorithms and predictive models, leveraging statistical, machine learning and AI methods
- Define model success and provide evidence regarding the performance of your models, in line with business requirements.
- Identify and assess new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Visualise, present and communicate data insights (preferably actionable insights) to both specialists and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with engineering, product and customer teams to produce robust and scalable analytic solutions.
- Provide technical guidance to fellow members of the Data Science team.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
IT and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a numerical subject such as Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering.
- Expertise in data mining techniques (e.g. anomaly detection, clustering, classification, regression, summarisation, etc).
- Expertise in both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, neural networks/deep learning, natural language processing, ensembling, etc).
- Experienced in working with structured and unstructured data.
- Excellent statistical intuition.
- Expertise in analytical programming languages, such as R, Python, Matlab, or similar
- Proficiency in using SQL.
- Masters Degree and/or PhD.
- Industry experience (preferably has knowledge of the automotive industry).
- Experience working with business-critical industry datasets.
- Experienced with coding documentation and versioning software (e.g. Jupyter, GitHub).
- Experience with high-performance computing.
- Experience with natural language processing/text analysis.
- Expertise in high-level programming languages, such as C, C++, Java, or similar.
- Experience with visualisation tools.
To qualify, you should be able to combine independent thinking with problem-solving skills. You will also need to work well as part of a team and have a flexible and agile approach to your work.
- Independent, responsible, accountable, decision maker.
- Problem solver, shows initiative, eager to learn, self-learner/researcher.
- Project management skills – understands company strategies/priorities and plans workload/technical solutions accordingly.
- Comfortable with and capable of meaningful customer interactions.
- You’re empathetic, enthusiastic, collaborative and willing to share expertise.
- Happy to advise and support wider team members.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to distill, explain and present complex information to others.
- You like taking on big challenges – given the appropriate time and resources.
Why should you join us?
Here are a few reasons
- Great culture. Freedom to be yourself and bring who you are at home to work, that’s who we want to work with us.
- Flexible working hours. We focus on results, not what time you arrive.
- Private health insurance. We want everyone on the team to be healthy and happy. That’s why you’ll get the best medical care with our health insurance.
- Continuous learning culture. We want you to continue to grow and develop during your time with us.
- Competitive salary. We place a high value on your contribution to the business.
- Flexible holiday policy. Your annual holiday allowance is 28 days (including bank holidays). But we recognise that life is full of unmissable experiences that may take you over that allocation and we’re good with that.
What to Expect When You Apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role will be asked to complete a short test to help us assess your suitability. We will keep you updated throughout the process. We respect your time and appreciate your investment in our recruitment process.
Our hiring is managed by Mabel HR.
- Information Technology & Services
- Project Management
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1