Rubicon Project is looking for a Data Scientist who would love to thrive in smaller/start-up like environment and work on one of the largest cloud and Big Data computing systems in the world, that leverages algorithms that analyzes billions of data points in real-time and over 100 Billion daily ad requests a day. They are a mid-size publicly traded company with over 400 employees in global offices working in close collaboration on a variety of challenging projects and solving problems in the Ad Tech world
Their Data Science team is responsible for managing all data analytics, reporting and algorithmic aspects. The data science team is an integral part of every function in the life cycle of the company to provide product, tools, business support. As a data scientist you will work closely with architects, engineers, account managers and data scientists within and outside the company. You will be involved from pre-sales to support. You will work on next generation algorithms development and help measure, maintain and upgrade current business.
- Expected to build statistical, optimization and machine learning models followed by detailed pre-production out of sample validation and recommendation for a/b testing experiments with success criteria.
- Experience with developing production grade algorithms for the web scale
- Own complete life cycle from problem formulation to solution deployment and maintenance
- Ability to solve problems practically for clients and internal needs
- Must be able to collaborate with architects, engineers, and data scientists within and outside the company
- Experience defining and building web scale algorithms, reports and visualizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely with executives, engineers, account managers, sales, business partners and data scientists.
What They Look For
- 4+ years of outstanding technical abilities with Java, or C/C++ development experience with statistical machine learning models
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other quantitative fields.
- Outstanding technical abilities of Scala and Python development a plus
- Experience with Spark, Kaplan, Breeze, map/reduce models a plus
- Experience modeling stochastic processes, Bayesian learning models, utility theory, game theory a plus
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms
- Rounded business skills with the ability to understand customer business needs
- Ability to respond to customer needs and meet deadlines with accurate work while under pressure
- Have a strong mathematical background and have experience with modeling complex high dimensional problems
- Experience performing petabyte scale data analysis and developing meaningful visualizations
- Proven to thrive in start up environments
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment and the ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
Extra Perks They Offer
- Take time for yourself: Their vacation days are unlimited and you get a week off the 4th of July and the last 10 days of the year.
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety very low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones.
- Enjoy your stay: Each Rubicon Project office enjoys a variety of benefits like daily catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and free vending machines etc.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1