The Data & Analytics team is looking for a Data Scientist to help advance their marketing measurement strategy across all of their online and offline marketing channels. You will be responsible for helping to optimise multi-million dollar marketing budgets to meet ROMI targets. The ideal candidate has extensive experience manipulating and analysing large data sets, the ability to view marketing problems and data from a consumer, finance, behavioural and optimisation perspective, and possesses excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of advanced analytics & machine learning data products to solve business challenges aligned to Marketing, including and not exhaustive to:
- Marketing Measurement & Campaign Effectiveness: Leverage data to identify areas of growth through Top of Funnel expansion, Mid-funnel conversion, Optimal Channel Spend and Optimal Touchpoint Strategy for customers and prospects
- Marketing Mix Modelling: Utilise statistical or machine learning techniques to assess channel efficiency and recommend optimal marketing spend by channel and by-product
- Unified Attribution Modelling: Experience of analysing customer’s digital journeys and the path to conversion, and combining these insights with Marketing Mix Modelling to develop a complementary & holistic view of how to optimally allocate media budget across online & offline media channels
- Natural Language Processing: Able to develop and utilise NLP techniques to extract insights and recommendations from unstructured data, including text, audio and visual
- Leading the future development & advancement of marketing effectiveness analytics products, by applying advanced analytics to data sources from a quant, qualitative research and open-source data, e.g. social media through partnering with cross-functional and geography
- Key Point of Contact for Group Marketing stakeholders, through developing effective working relationships with key stakeholders to maintain expert knowledge of stakeholder requirements, competitor activities and market trends to influence the future direction of MI/AI capabilities
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Master’s degree/ PHD in Data Science, Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering related field
- 5+ years relevant experience in Data Scientist role at a high-performing, fast-paced industry (desirable from Technology Leaders, Media Agency, FMCG, Banking, Global Market Leaders)
- Experience of designing and building statistical forecasting models
- Experience of designing and building machine learning models
- Hands-on experience of developing marketing mix modelling and multi-touch attribution
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. R, Python) and database languages (e.g. SQL)
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior stakeholders; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage timelines, delivery, dependencies, and communication across teams to deliver large projects
As a business operating in markets all around the world, they believe diversity brings benefits for their customers, their business and people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
They want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why they provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1