PepsiCo operates in an environment undergoing immense and rapid change, driven by eCommerce and emergent retail technologies. To ensure continued success in the food and beverage space, PepsiCo has assembled a dedicated eCommerce team – tasked with optimizing eCommerce operations and developing innovations that will give PepsiCo a sustainable competitive advantage. While tied closely to broader PepsiCo, the eCommerce group more closely resembles a start-up environment; embracing the core values of having a bias for action, being results-oriented, maintaining a community-focus, and prioritizing people.
PepsiCo’s Data Science and Analytics group is a team of data scientists, technology specialists, and business innovators who operate within eCommerce to build industry-leading systems and solutions. By focusing on machine learning and automation, the Data Science & Analytics group is pushing the bounds of possibility for PepsiCo and its strategic partners.
What PepsiCo Data Science & Analytics Does
- Build and extend deep learning solutions which drive business growth
- Build machine learning systems to understand the cross-channel grocery ecosystem
- Perform statistical analysis across diverse datasets to drive and measure performance
- Work with PepsiCo’s strategic partners to expand their technical capabilities, thereby creating a more robust data environment Utilize natural language understanding techniques to uncover insights from contextual data
- Develop scalable tools to drive automation and optimize business operations
As a Data Scientist, you will play a critical role in executing the global eCommerce growth agenda. You will be tasked with identifying, designing, and implementing data science/machine learning solutions to business problems. You will collaborate with the larger data science and analytics teams to create a robust, shared codebase; on which PepsiCo will build automated eCommerce systems. You will work with internal business stakeholders and strategic partners to identify opportunities for collaborative development and foster a data-driven culture between relevant teams.
- Work with the larger data science team to analyze large data sets and develop custom models/algorithms to uncover trends, patterns, and insights
- Write clean, organized machine learning code using standard software engineering methodologies
- Provide critical thought leadership to enhance organizational capabilities by utilizing big and small data; work with DSA team members to identify and execute on opportunities for enhancement
- Education in a computer science/math related technical field (Masters preferred, bachelors minimum)
- Development experience in Python Experience and or familiarity NumPy, Pandas, Sklearn, SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience using Tensorflow or similar framework to design custom deep learning systems
- Expert in mathematical models underlying data science methods, understanding the trade-offs between different solutions Candidate should be a competent software engineer capable of contributing to their software repository and owning/leading complex ML software projects Experience in designing systems to solve business problems
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and concisely communicate with both business and technical audiences Bonus points for deep RL or NLP experience
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1