You will initially focus on the Pricing and Promo domains, working with their Pricing & Promo data products and central teams to develop, implement, and evaluate data-driven approaches to Vistaprint’s pricing strategy globally. However, Data Scientists at Vistaprint are encouraged to rotate through different domains to expand their knowledge and experience and to bring fresh insights to new areas, so you will also have the opportunity to apply your skills to challenges in other areas of the business.
You will join a community of Data Scientists in our Data and Analytics (DNA) organization, working alongside data product owners, business analysts, technologists, data engineers, and business general managers, product and market specialists to solve critical challenges and drive tremendous business value. You’ll seek ways to improve, communicate openly, and be an active problem-solver. Throughout the design, development, and delivery stages you will surprise yourself with new levels of professional and personal growth.
The involvement in adjacent areas like insights & visualization, data engineering or software engineering will depend on the experience and seniority level of the applicant.
- Engage with stakeholders to consult around analytical project requirements, define success metrics, explain methodologies and results, and negotiate deliverables
- Being a close thought partner for the business owners to identify the key levers of improvement and continuously monitor the impact of advancing the product
- Partner with colleagues from our tech tribes to bring data products to production
- Being prepared and willing to take over development of other data products in the commercial or manufacturing space of Vistaprint in the future
- Interact regularly with other Data Scientists to discuss technical feedback on your work and provide technical feedback on their work.
- Build new models, as well as analyze and improve pre-existing models and algorithms.
- Prioritizing and completing the backlog of improvements envisioned for the current data product
- Build the underlying codes and algorithms as part of a team of data scientists, data engineers, and software developers
- MSc in computer science, math/statistics, technical discipline such as engineering, or in quantitative natural sciences (e.g. physics, chemistry)
- Ideally 1+ years of work experiences as a data scientist or analyst
- Proficiency in at least one data science programming language (Python, R, Scala, Julia) and SQL
- Excellence conceptional problem-solving skills, ideally paired with an engineering mindset
- Good knowledge of data visualization theory and tools (e.g. Tableau, looker, plotly, ggplot, etc)
- Confidence in translating technical content and numbers to non-technical stakeholders to create business impact
- Familiarity with advanced machine learning and modeling techniques will be beneficial
- Familiarity with infrastructure topics (e.g. AWS, Databricks, Azure) is a huge plus
- Prior experience in e-commerce/retail will also consider a strong plus
Considered As a Plus
- Spark, Java, Scala
- S3, Azure, Databricks
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Advanced machine learning and modeling experience
- Agile working methodology
- Relevant work in an e-commerce environment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, they strive to do more than the law requires.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1