They are the mobile cross-device team within Experiences and Devices at Microsoft! They build cross-device experiences that help people around the world be productive on their iPhones, their Android phones/tablets and their PCs.
Their engineering teams are in Redmond, London, and Beijing and together they focus on shipping innovative, industry-leading, cloud-based experiences on both phones & PCs, infused with advanced machine learning and AI. Their vision is big enough to change the way their customers will experience their favorite Microsoft features & services on their mobile devices in the future.
Within their engineering group, they produce several popular Microsoft apps for Android and iOS: SwiftKey, Microsoft Launcher, Edge Mobile and Your Phone.
Data science is a critical function that helps business and product teams to make informed decisions and take actions. Data scientists work with a wide range of high impact projects and apply analytical techniques to extract deep insights, deepen understanding of their customers, and make their products better and smarter.
- Consult with stakeholders across the organization to design, run and evaluate experiments (ABN, multivariate test, etc.)
- Conduct in-depth analysis of huge datasets, and present rich and actionable insights that enable a data-lead product cycle
- Research novel statistical approaches to ensure we are using cutting-edge techniques to analyze their data
- Develop and deploy machine learning models powering intelligence product features
- Create compelling dashboards that improve team’s self-serve capability
- Educate internal customers on data insights and promote a data-driven culture
- Design innovative metrics that reflect immediate and long-term impacts on user experience
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
- Are empathetic and eager to work collaboratively with your team
- Have 3+ years of experience as data scientist designing, running and evaluating experiments
- Are proficient in data wrangling using SQL and big data frameworks
- Have 3+ years of programming experience with Python or R and relevant statistical packages
- Have a relevant degree (e.g. Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering) or equivalent industry experience
- Ability to communicate quantitative data insights efficiently and articulate how they will impact user experience
- Have a good understanding of statistics, data science, and machine learning disciplines
- Are comfortable with working in agile environments
Desirable but not required skills:
- Experience in Apache Spark
- Knowledge about cloud infrastructure Azure or AWS
- Commercial experience in product analytics or growth analytics
- Proficiency in data visualization tools and frameworks
- Experience in NLP
- MSc or Ph.D. in quantitative fields
- Knowledge of major AI/deep learning frameworks Tensorflow/Pytorch
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1