Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, they can help their customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
- Develop and implement analytics enabled solutions to improve business process, generate insights, support business goals, and develop strategy.
- Own and deliver complete predictive modeling projects of moderate scope and manage assigned tasks on more complex predictive modeling projects.
- Analyze large data sets and prepare data for predictive modeling.
- Apply models and methods such as classification and regressions (Linear, Logit, Multinomial Logit, Poisson, Proportional Odds, Lasso, Ridge), decision Trees, clustering (Traditional, Bagged, Hierarchical), Random Forest, GBM, SVD, SVM, and text Mining etc. to solve business problems ranging from Marketing, Finance, Operations, Risk or Strategy domains across all the organizations geographies and divisions.
- Demonstrate shared value through the operationalization of algorithms into a business process.
- Communicate results of cases of moderate complexity to business partners and recommend solutions to more senior data scientists.
Master’s degree in any field with relevant coursework in database management, Python, and business intelligence data mining and 1 year of experience with business operations in the life insurance industry. Employer will also accept a Bachelor’s degree in any field with relevant coursework in database management, Python, and business intelligence data mining and 3 years of experience with business operations in the life insurance industry.
Experience Must Include
- 1 year of experience with machine learning / predictive modeling including regression, decision trees, clustering, random forests, and generalized linear models.
- 1 year of experience with analysis (e.g. R, SAS) packages and programming languages (e.g. Python).
- 1 year of experience with large data sets and big data platform, SQL, SAS, and other methods for manipulating relational databases.
- 1 year of experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, etc. for creating dashboards and delivering insights using visualization tools.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. They operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. They provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, they had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, they had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to their customers. Their principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where they have served customers for more than 100 years. With their global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, they trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. They strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers they serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. They are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and they administer all of their practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is their priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1