Their mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join them today and release yours.
About The Role
Openreach is launching a class-leading Data Science function, bringing together the best talent in analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to pioneer this required direction. This function will work across the breadth of Openreach, from coding neural networks to predict when a network failure may occur and where, to architecting a ‘digital twin’ of Openreach’s network whereby they can simulate any behaviour on a digital replica of our physical infrastructure, and test and learn accordingly. From building a single digital thread for each of customer to create a truly tailored customer experience to coding up the machine learning algorithms that help their cognitive robotic solutions assist their human operators to be the best that they can be. They are looking for disruptors to their normal way of working, and to pioneer the future of how they use and learn from their data.
Their belief is that there is no greater, nor more important data challenge facing a company than what faces them right now.
You’ll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Drive the exploration of data sources and analytic techniques to create new modelling approaches
- Work with large data sets to solve complex problems
- Apply statistical methods to develop analytic models
- Gather data and build data science and algorithmic solutions to address business problems requiring descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and/or prescriptive analytics
- Create experimentation to solve complex business problems and deliver predictions on future business outcomes in a repeatable and relevant way
- Drive new value from insights from connecting external and internal data sources
You’ll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Proficient in the use of analytical, database and visualisation tools (in particular SQL but also HQL, R, Tableau) and modelling techniques.
- Quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.
- Experience using big data frameworks – algorithms, tools and technologies and use of machine learning algorithms.
- Solid knowledge of statistical techniques and proficiency using statistical packages (e.g. Python or R).
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Experience with geographic information systems (GIS), spatial data and spatial models, survey data etc.
- Previous experience in large-scale data mining or artificial intelligence.
- Knowledge of extracting and combining complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from multiple sources (enterprise, proprietary, IoT, public domain), including unstructured data (comment threads, audio, video)
- Working knowledge working and scaling analytic products in the Cloud
- Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data.
- Strong ability to reason under uncertainty, combine analytical thinking with contextual knowledge and use critical thinking to extract and interpret information from data.
- Limitless curiosity and imagination to create novel business solutions.
- Strong communication skills and ability convey complex information into a simple high-level message designed to make the case for change within the business.
- Ability to build and influence relationships with senior (up to and including director level) stakeholders across the business.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- 10% on target bonus
- Pension scheme
- Shares Plan
- Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
- Discounted BT products
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. They play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connected to the world.
They’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of BT Group, and their customers are the 640+ communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And they’re on a mission – to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Their people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join them today? You can read more here about working at Openreach.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1