You will work closely with product and technology leaders throughout Alexa Shopping and will be responsible for influencing technical decisions in areas of development/modeling that you identify as critical future product offerings. You will identify both enablers and blockers of adoption for product understanding, and build programs to raise the bar in terms of understanding product questions and predict the shaping of customer utterances as they move from simple to complex utterances.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Science work, business analytics and have the aptitude to incorporate new approaches and methodologies while dealing with ambiguities in sourcing processes. Excellent business and communication skills are a must to develop and define key business questions and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges. Further, you must have the ability to build and communicate compelling value propositions and work across the organization to achieve consensus. This role requires a strong passion for customers, a high level of comfort navigating ambiguity, and a keen sense of ownership and drive to deliver results.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
- Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
- Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, the significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.* Experienced in using multiple data science methodologies to solve complex business problems.
- Experienced in handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 4+ years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
- Experienced in writing academic-style papers for presenting both the methodologies used and results for data science projects.
- Hypothesis testing (including statistical hypothesis testing) and experimental design
- Experience with unstructured textual data
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1