Currently seeking Data Scientists who understand and utilize aspects of machine learning to solve and automate classification, regression, cluster analysis, anomaly detection, association discovery, and topic modeling tasks. Utilize rich toolsets to help users create, rapidly experiment, fully automate, and manage machine learning workflows to power intelligent applications. They produce intelligence using geospatial methodologies and Spatio-temporal data derived from imagery, intelligence databases, and other classified and unclassified sources in support of national security. They are intelligence analysts who use their understanding of geographic information science and technology, spatial thinking, remote sensing, intelligence issues, spatial relationships, and visualization techniques, and the social and physical sciences to create information, characterize events, and discover relationships and trends.
The company produce descriptive and predictive analyses and communicate findings as written, visual, and/or oral geospatial intelligence.
Other duties may include:
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process, and analyze large data sets for specified purposes
- Identify trends, solves analytical problems, optimizes performance, and develop results through appropriate data analysis techniques e.g., data mining and retrieval
- Use applied statistics, build algorithms, and collaborating with domain experts to analyze large volumes of data to build and enhance products, processes, and systems
- Possess the ability to think tactically and strategically; operate in a dynamic environment, and deliver interoperable corporate solutions
- Seek out spatial data from classified and unclassified sources and utilize existing tools or develop methods to tie spatial information to datasets where necessary
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with other NGA offices and external partners to collaborate on effective data management, data dissemination, and online on-demand practices
- Conduct data mining and retrieval and apply statistical and mathematical analysis to identify trends, solve analytic problems, optimize performance, and gather intelligence
- Develop scripts and algorithms e.g. Python, create explanatory and predictive models, and conduct comparative analyses to address complex military and intelligence problems
- Support the visualization of information using a range of tools e.g. Tableau, R, and ESRI Arc-GIS 10.4 suite, including model builder
For this particular job, applicants must meet all competencies reflected under the Mandatory Qualification Criteria to include education. Online applications must demonstrate qualification by providing specific examples and associated results, in response to the announcement’s mandatory criteria specified in this vacancy announcement:
- Demonstrated proficiency in applied programming and/or manipulation of data with a programing language such as Python, R, SQL, or Java. Other languages will be considered.
- Demonstrated experience developing and deploying automated processes to identify, collect, process, and analyze large data sets.
- Demonstrated expertise with the use of data visualizations for exploratory comparative analysis by way of scripts, algorithms, and/or predictive models.
- Demonstrated experience cleaning, filtering, transforming data, and/or enriching data.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Mathematics, Data Science, Geographic Information Science, Information Science, Informatics and Computing, Information Science, or degree that provided at least 6 semester hours in statistics, and 9 additional semester hours in one or more of the following: physical or biological sciences, medicine, education, or engineering; or in the social sciences including demography, history, economics, social welfare, geography, international relations, social or cultural anthropology, health sociology, political science, public administration, psychology, etc. Credit toward meeting statistical course requirements should be given for courses in which 50 percent of the course content appears to be statistical methods, e.g., courses that included studies in research methods in psychology or economics such as tests and measurements or business cycles, or courses in methods of processing mass statistical data such as tabulating methods or electronic data processing. -OR- B. Combination of Education and Experience: A minimum of 24 semesters (36 quarter) hours of coursework in any area listed in option A, plus experience that should have included a full range of professional statistical work such as: (a) intermediate and/or advanced statistics, (b) linear, semi-linear, and/or non-linear models, (c) working with a range of data types and statistical methods, or (d) data visualization capabilities. As a rule, every 30 semesters (45 quarter) hours of coursework is equivalent to one year of experience. Candidates should show that their combination of education and experience totals 4 years.
Highly Desired Qualifications
- In addition to the mandatory qualifications, experience in the following is desired:
- Experience as a proven innovator and strategic problem solver.
- Ability to communicate technically complex methods and solutions to non-technical audiences verbally or in writing.
- Familiarity working with DoD analysts, such as geospatial and/or imagery analysts.
- Familiarity with cloud services as applied in the DoD and IC. 5. Demonstrated expertise with visualization techniques and software tools i.e. Tableau, matplotlib, etc.
- Experience applying analytic techniques such as classification, regression, similarity matching, clustering, co-occurrence
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Promotion opportunities allow applicants at all band levels to be considered. Qualifications for company positions do not include specific time-in-band requirements. They will emphasize the quality of experience, rather than duration, and assess how the quality of the experience demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for successful job performance in the company occupational structure.
They offer a broad array of benefits programs and family-friendly flexibilities to meet the needs of you and your family.
Apply with Job ID # 100032
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1