Ready to make an impact? If so, read on!
The Research, Analytics, and Development team have a great opportunity for a Data Scientist. As a Data Scientist, you will serve as a technical and thought leader on this diverse and highly skilled team. You will design and develop inventive solutions to drive innovation and the delivery of organizational value. You’ll analyze large datasets to further develop underwriting, marketing, claims, application, and product optimization. You’ll work in a highly collaborative, team environment, and collaborating with multiple stakeholders. You will assist management in the communication of insights and the implementation of impactful data science solutions across the organization. The successful candidate leads the research of new business concepts, new products, new technologies, new data, and stays on the cutting-edge of innovation of the insurance industry. You’ll develop algorithms to target specific business objectives and create other business opportunities. Works with different functional teams, identifies and encourages innovation opportunities, and translates business needs to projects. Designs resource allocation processes to take potential innovations forward from the seed stage to development.
- BA/BS required in Economics, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics or related field.
- Analyzes large, complex datasets and identifies meaningful patterns that lead to actionable recommendations.
- Deep understanding and experience identifying, extracting, aggregating, and synthesizing data from multiple sources to enable campaign optimization.
- Superior coding skills using common data science tools, including Python (strongly preferred), R, Linux/Unix command line, and shell scripting.
- Excellent skill and significant experience in data processing using SQL, SAS, Hive, Impala, Spark, or equivalent querying language.
- Strong experience with distributed storage and big data computing technology, such as AWS, Hadoop, or Spark.
- Ability to work with cross-departmental teams to define metrics, guidelines, and strategies for effective use of algorithms and data.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with stakeholders.
- Passion for extracting hidden insights and building machine learning systems that enhance business outcomes.
Note: The safety of their associates, both current and future, is GEICO’s highest priority. At this time, most of their associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in their Chevy Chase, MD office.
As a full-time Data Scientist, you’ll enjoy their Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include the length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after the hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. They do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. They expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1