The location for the role is London (UK), Billund (Denmark), or Enfield (USA)
Can you drive measurable business value through the applied use of data science?
Are you passionate about helping The LEGO Group make decisions with data? Can you apply data science across a variety of areas to better understand their customers and help develop the builders of tomorrow?
If so, apply now and join their awesome Data Science Team! Using scientific methods to solve business problems
The LEGO Group needs data science capabilities to discover deeper insights, make predictions, and generate recommendations in a quickly expanding Big Data reality. Using data to drive business decisions and understand customer behavior is a key strategic focus for LEGO. Data Science is all about using scientific methods to solve business problems. This will help transform the clock-speed of the organization by enabling insights in near real-time so that the lead-time to action is as short as possible. This team works with a wide range of business stakeholders, with this role having a particular focus on Demand Forecasting.
Your tasks will include
- Data manipulation Be comfortable in querying large datasets, with the ability to help manipulate and construct the right data structures starting with the end in mind. With an eye for data quality to ensure the rigor of input data going into models.
- Maintenance Have a good blend of data science with data engineering concepts in order to help monitor and maintenance of model production pipelines, including implementation of error handling and testing of analytics code.
- Stakeholder management Being able to communicate with different levels of the business and gather their needs
- Storytelling Ability to translate data science concepts into business language and create a compelling storyline from it
- Data visualization Work with others to design, deploy and maintain online tools and dashboards to be consumed by different parts of the business
- Data experimentation Eager to learn and/or challenge existing forecast models and apply cutting edge machine learning techniques
Do you have what it takes?
- BSc or MSc degree with an emphasis on one or more of the following data science, economics, econometrics, computer science, computer engineering, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent quantitative discipline (advantage Ph.D. studies)
- Knowledge of R or Python (R preferred)
- Comfortable in using SQL/HQL (Hadoop, Hive)
- Experience in data visualization, preferably with Tableau and/or Shiny
- Advantage experience with working in agile environments (e.g. SCRUM teams)
- Stakeholder management skills and championing a data-driven culture
- Able to translate technical content to business audiences in a way that delivers the most value
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
Bringing it to Life
This is your chance to apply data science in a real business context to add value to one of the world’s best-loved brands. Are you up for the challenge? Bring your data science capabilities, willingness to learn, and readiness to collaborate with your peers in a multinational team!
Join the global LEGO® family!
In the LEGO Group, they succeed together, and you will be part of a global family where you will collaborate across the LEGO Community. They look very much forward to reading your application – please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1