Location: Newbury or Southwark (Average of 3 to 4 days office based per month, remaining days remote working)
The Business Insights and Data Science team is a corner stone in Vodafone Business’s data driven strategy. They perform data driven insight to really understand their customers, build machine learning models to automate marketing, find data to improve sales and create new business opportunities, and support the CVM teams in using a data driven approach when they talk to customers.
A role in the team means you’ll be challenged and developed in a broad set of skills. You’ll be working across teams and employing a mix of technical skills, data analysis and business sense. You’ll be rewarded with an environment where you can really develop your skills and enjoy the challenge. In return, we want someone who puts curiosity at the heart of everything they do and is brilliant at communicating about data and the benefits it brings.
A varied role where you’ll need to utilise a range of technical skills and commercial curiosity in order to:
- Developing machine learning models to improve existing customer experience, upselling, cross-selling and customer retention
- Create advanced analytics products that provide actionable business insight to Vodafone and external partners
- Develop predictive models with large and varied datasets working with a community of colleagues across technology, data and marketing
- Managing and developing junior team members to better utilise Python, SQL and Git
- Identify potential new data sources and investigating potential user cases
- Work with stakeholders to create hypotheses which you will then test and deliver solutions to real business problems
As an experience member of the team you’ll get involved with training other members of the team with the potential to mentor and manager junior team members. We’ll also want you to support the Data Science and Insight team’s overall vision of driving data decision making across the Business by articulating and promoting the value of analytical work across the business
You’ll support the strategy for the transformation of data in the department, including ML techniques and usage by marketers and analysts. This role will pave the way to deliver the Vodafone Business Data Transformation roadmap of creating new value streams through automation and advanced data techniques.
Alongside machine learning and automation, we’re changing the department by upgrading our systems and the way we use data within them. This role will need to drive and do project work for data usage on these platforms. You’ll manage the expectations of all the stakeholders against the capacity of the team.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the team moving code to Google Cloud Platform.
- Driving the smooth day-to-day business of the analysts in the team.
- Developing younger team members into high-performing analysts and scientists.
- Medium and small projects, within the same portfolio and following the same standards.
- Delivery of machine learning models for CVM marketing campaigns.
- Delivering though junior team members
- Small to medium project delivery
Who are they looking for?
- Strong experience of machine learning and data science.
- People management/mentoring skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Project lead experience for small to medium projects Computer science
- Data science
- People management
What’s in it for you?
An excellent remuneration and bonus package with 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. Vodafone offers an extensive and flexible benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family. They are proud to provide a Reconnect programme with flexibility for individuals returning to work after a career break. From their market-leading parental leave policies through to employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes they are committed to supporting you throughout your career with Vodafone.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1