The Mission of the Instagram Ecosystems team is to make sure that Instagram thinks holistically about the user experience and that the company optimizes for the long term success of the app. While Data Scientists across Instagram are focused on making sure that the products they support are successful, there are important questions that fall out of the scope of a single product group or that simply fall through the cracks. These are the questions that the Ecosystems team is tasked with answering. The projects this team tackles are extremely horizontal, cross-functional, and of strategic nature. If you enjoy working on ambiguous, 0 to 1 projects, you’ll enjoy working on this team.
- Develop a framework to establish budgets across product groups so that they make optimal tradeoffs.
- Set north star metric goals for the Instagram app.
- Present results and recommendations to Instagram leadership.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area.
- MS, Ph.D. or advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 plus years of experience working in the analytics field.
- Experience working independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Communications experience and experience explaining technical concepts and analysis implications to varied audiences and translate business objectives into actionable analysis.
- Experience in querying and manipulating raw datasets for analysis.
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages.
- Understanding of statistics (hypothesis testing, regressions, etc.).
- Experience with Hive, R, and Python preferred.
- Causal inference experience preferred.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. They do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. They also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in their recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let them know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1