They are looking for a strong Data Scientist to be part of their PC&M Ecosystem team. The ecosystem team executes complex, long term analytics projects within the PC&M organization and works closely with the PC&M leadership to shape the direction of the organization. An ideal fit for this role is a Data Scientist with deep technical knowledge and expertise in quantitative analytics (e.g. statistical inference, hypothesis testing, prediction modeling), with the ability to turn data into business insights, and excellent communication and leadership skills. The data scientist must be able to operate autonomously and scope out large analytical projects that deliver impact.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how their users interact with both our consumer and business products.
- Define problems and opportunities in a complex or ambiguous area.
- Inform, influence, support and execute their product decisions and product launches.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify new levers to improve user experience.
- Monitoring key product metrics, understanding root causes of changes in metrics.
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicating the state of business, experiment results, etc. to product teams.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years’ experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience in Python, SQL, or other programming languages.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative fields with 5+ years of work experience
- Development experience in any scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience building and training statistical models
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience to visualize data in a meaningful way to tell a story
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. They do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. They also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in their recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let them know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1