WhatsApp is seeking a Data Scientist with experience in differential privacy. In this role, you will partner with a cross-functional team, including product, engineering, legal, marketing, etc. to drive privacy-focused initiatives.
- Drive strategic org-wide initiatives and serve as a tech lead on critical projects on data privacy
- Develop and articulate long term strategy around data privacy
- Evolve their privacy practices by developing and adopting new technologies
- Establish strong collaboration with a diverse cross-functional team
- Evangelizing best practices and latest technology on Data Privacy within the WhatsApp team and the entire facebook family
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years’ experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches.
- Experience in differential privacy.
- Experience in Python, SQL, or other programming languages.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, statistical inference, regressions, ML systems).
- Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product.
- Development experience in any scripting language (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience in designing or implementing differential privacy in data systems
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience to visualize data in a meaningful way to tell a story
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. They do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. They also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in their recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let them know at email@example.com.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1