Who They Are
Their mission at Twitter Cortex is to empower internal teams by providing a machine learning platform and modeling expertise and by unifying, educating, and advancing the state of the art in ML technologies within Twitter. Product teams work diligently at improving different areas of the product including applying ML models at scale. At Cortex, they work closely with these teams to identify areas within the product where new ML modeling approaches can bring dramatic value, and then work with them to explore such solutions.
Here are some public examples of recent work at Twitter related to what they work on:
- ML approaches to ensure healthy conversations on Twitter
- Investigations of foreign interference in political conversations.
- Deep Learning for new user recommendations
- Embeddings for different Twitter entities.
They use machine learning, statistical modeling, time series modeling, and many other analytical techniques to process very large scale datasets. they build prototypes, prove their offline effectivity, and work together with the product teams to push them to production.
What You’ll Do
You will be a key member of the Cortex Boston Product Modeling team, which consists of experts in ML, data science, and software engineering. You will be working closely with their partners in engineering, product, design, and user research to directly influence the exciting new product areas that Twitter is building. You will:
- Conduct studies to learn from their vast amount of data, including exploratory data analysis, investigating A/B test results, observational and network data, etc.
- Examine user behavior at scale, ranging from individual-level attributes to user populations in order to inform their modeling efforts
- Apply advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to model user behavior, identify causal impact and attribution, and build and benchmark metrics.
- Use tools for interacting with large datasets such as Scalding, Spark, and Presto.
- Work closely with our ML and software engineers to develop new models
- Use Python to conduct complex data processing.
- Use data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or Zeppelin)
Who You Are
- You have strong product understanding and an intuition for how to use modeling to address product needs.
- You are comfortable digging into new problem domains, applying a wide variety of tools for diverse problems.
- You communicate well with stakeholders, turing data findings into actionable insights that can direct their modeling efforts.
- You are a self-starter who can own complex projects from start to finish.
- Completed a PhD in a quantitative field or have at least 2 years professional commensurate work experience (not including internships)
- Strong hands-on proficiency with at least one data science programming language, with preference to Python over R
- Experience in coding in a strongly typed programming language such as Java, Scala, or C++
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, Data structures, and algorithms
- Experience handling large scale quantitative customer data to solve problems and answer questions
- Experience in building ML models
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with social network data a plus
They are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer.
They do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, they will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1