The Computational Pharmacology Group in the Medicine Design Department at Pfizer is seeking a highly motivated Data Engineer or Data Scientist to design and implement cheminformatics approaches and workflows using pharmacology and other data to help accelerate our drug discovery process. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in unlocking the underlying value of Pfizer’s proprietary pharmacology data. The ideal candidate will design, deploy and automate data pipelines to organize and integrate a variety of data sources of internal and external pharmacology and associated data. The scientist also has the opportunity to develop data analytics tools and workflows that support the decision-making process of drug designers on projects across all of Pfizer’s therapeutic areas. The candidate will be encouraged to present their work internally and at conferences and publish in peer-reviewed journals. With strong communication skills and adept at building productive partnerships, the successful candidate will thrive working in cross-functional teams with talented scientists across different disciplines. The ability to think innovatively, manage complex technical challenges, strong attention to detail, and a drive to problem solving will make this role a success.
- Build infrastructure to facilitate mining and integrating data from internal and external databases
- Organize and integrate pharmacology and related data into databases enabled for efficient data analytics
- Develop, deploy, automize, and scale production level data pipelines
- Utilize cloud-based data warehousing systems and perform SQL/NoSQL database querying technologies
- Communicate results both internally and externally via presentations and publications
- Establish scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and attending conferences
- MS/PhD in data engineering, data science, computer science, or a related discipline
- 2-5 years of relevant research experience, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or equivalent field
- Strong experience in data engineering, data pipelines, and handling SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Google cloud) and data warehousing systems (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake)
- Proficient in R, Python, Java or other high level programming languages
- Experience with small molecule chemical structures and in vitro pharmacology data
- Excellent interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with cheminformatics toolkits (e.g. RDKit) and data analytics platforms (e.g. Pipeline Pilot, Knime)
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (e.g. Spotfire)
Sitting, standing, lifting, bending, and walking. Ability to work on a computer (while standing or sitting). Ability to perform mathematical calculations and interpret data.
Non-standard Work Schedule, Travel Or Environment Requirements
Candidate will be asked to occasionally travel to the Pfizer site in Groton, CT to meet colleagues from other departments.
Additional Job Information:
- Relocation Support Available
- Eligible for employee referral bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1