Snap Inc. is a camera company. They believe that reinventing the camera represents their greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Their products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
They’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Customer Operations team, you will help scale and innovate on the support experience for their customers through creating inventive, data-based approaches to solving difficult business problems. Working from their Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll work to transform business questions into data analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Use your quantitative skill sets to present data in an organized way that goes beyond the numbers and articulates how the support ecosystem impacts their customers—including both Snapchatters and advertising partners
- Set product goals, create testable hypotheses, design and evaluate experiments, monitor the health of their support products and interactions, and understand changes to their KPIs
- Partner with Operations, Product, Design, Legal, and Engineering to influence and inform their processes, roadmap, strategy, and product launches
- Influence longer-term thinking including understanding and evaluating the efficacy of support interactions on key customer and business outcomes through forecasts, behavioral modeling, and clustering
- Develop functional algorithms and models including systematic identification of potential product issues and bugs based on user reports
- Design and build metrics to measure business performance; detect outliers and automate reporting to monitor for operational health
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong statistical knowledge, specifically experimental design, and analysis
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior audience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to structure ambiguous business challenges into actionable plans
- BS/BA degree or equivalent years of experience in math, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative fields
- 4+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying language
- Master or Ph.D. degree in math, statistics, computer science, or another quantitative field
- Experience with analytical packages such as SciPy or R
- Experience with data pipeline workflow monitoring and scheduling platforms (e.g., Airflow)
- Experience with a programming language, such as Python
- Experience with causal inference techniques, experimental design, and/or A/B testing
- Background in Business, Operations, Marketing, Communications, or a related field
- Passion for supporting the community of Snapchat, and understanding of what makes for a good user, business, and platform experience
At Snap, they believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable them to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1