As a Decision Scientist, you’ll be pairing your Data Science skills with a strong knowledge of credit risk to build the next generation of automated decision-making tools at Monzo.
You’ll Spend Your Time
- Deploying best-in-class segmented credit models and credit decision processes to increase acceptance rates, control credit losses to match their risk appetite and make sure they lend responsibly
- Designing innovative solutions to help manage credit losses before they have enough data for full in-house models (e.g. using bureau retros for ‘look-a-like’ populations/ products, using their customers performance at other lenders received via monthly batch updates, deploying techniques such as decision trees and boot-strapping to allow them to get scoring insights earlier, etc…).
- Ensuring that they capture all data needed to deliver outstanding credit models in the future, including designing and using ‘full spectrum’ testing where necessary to ensure scorecard ‘blind-spots’ are avoided.
- Analyzing data to drive insights that would produce better customer outcomes and deliver them by creating new rulesets/decision processes
- Ensuring they operate in a compliant, customer-centric way
- Facilitating data-driven decisions wherever possible
You Should Apply If
- You have strong technical experience creating automated decision processes for consumer credit products such as credit risk scorecards, affordability estimators, policy rule models, and other credit decision processes
- You’re great at building models in Python, SAS and/or R and have a solid grounding in SQL
- You have a passion for data and problem solving
- You can work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- You are self-motivated and you can work autonomously
- You’re excited about the future of banking and want to work with them to shape it
- You are keen to learn and motivated by impact
They can help you relocate to London & they can sponsor visas.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise followed by on-site interviews at their office in London.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1